miguel11691 Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    EarlyMon and Shift.Evolve like this.
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Works great.

3. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

downloading it now. elaborate? everything (camera, 4g, moneyprinting/transformintojet capability) working? Benchmarks with linpack? Can nandroid between this and current state without losing engineering bootloader? Includes BEVO widgets?

/overly-anal-latenight-poster

4. EarlyMon

BEVO Z5G is on the air!

I'm flying mine around the room - while watching the full screen pop-out of a Babylon 5 episode from slashcontrol.com - how ya like them apples, compadre?

It does interact oddly with the quickdesk beta when in that mode - when returning, it puts into a 1/6 size in the corner - a little playing with the back button and then re-opening it - works.

Update all apps is the bomb.

Linpack's at 37 or 38 or something - you know me, that's kinda a don't care.

At first, the desktop screens were sluggish but they seemed to have cured as I ran along.

Into two hours of streaming vid while pulling up whatever else I can think of - that consumed 30% battery right there.

I did the radio/wimax updates that everyone claims doubles or triples 3G - but I keep on the radio, was only a rev behind, so I saw no difference there - still my usual 1 Mbps down, .6~.7 up.

I don't automate/app anything at root, all by hand, but it sure looks like my Clockwork Recovery and nand access is aok so far.

Browser much smoother - but still missing the H.264/MPEG4 support.

That stoopid Amazon MP3 Store started its monkey dance again - but that may be getting triggered by one of stored credentials or something. And when I reviewed web history - there was a frakking facebook access via the browser - and I'd not touched FB.

So, as I consider the bundleware viral, I just removed it - all but Sprint TV and that Sprint happy-user-helper thingy - hey, was getting bored, wanted to get back to B5.

YouTube changed their stuff and GreenCode's iVideo had stopped working, but I snagged an update the other day - and it works fine in Froyo.

I went to the latest wifi tether beta from the googlers - still no soap on that one (but I've not tried the Bluetooth tether - now _that_ would be interesting..).

Personally, I think the new built-in Flashlight is WAY overkill - but it's about time the makers started to include that sort of thing - in any case, I'm sticking with the LED Light widget.

No 30 fps yet, but that'll come from either HTC or I'll grab the custom kernel.

Things ARE snappier, I can tell you that.

I think I've got a ways to go to ensure that everything works - but ChaCha Droid is good to go, and so am I.

5. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Just to be pedantic, "stock" does not equal "OTA", with regards to the thread title. The final, official, OTA update hasn't gone out to anyone yet, as far as I've seen.

6. EarlyMon

Good point!

7. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

My guess is you will not see a difference or at least anything noticeable.....

8. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

No, I don't expect we will, either. I just wanted to point out, with all this "this isn't the official release, don't flash it!" nervousness, that the OTA will be the official release, but this ain't it.

9. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Do you need to have 2.1 rooted before applying the 2.2 root update? Or can I go straight from unrooted 2.1 to 2.2 with root?

In other words, does this 2.2 merely sustain the previous root access? Or does it grant new root access?

10. mx7

mx7 Well-Known Member

This is probably not the right place to ask this question, but I'll ask anyway since there are lots of helpful folks here.

I never fully rooted my phone. Only used unrevoed for wifi tethering.

So in order to install this rooted version, is the process the same as installing the "stock" unofficial update by renaming the file to update.zip and placing it in the sd's root folder? Then booting through recovery?

Also, how do you install the two updated radio files?

Thanks

11. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Ok, being that the forum has calmed down a bit, I went and updated one of my EVOs (that was not rooted) with the OTA update of yesterday. Now I am about to attempt to upgrade my other EVO that is rooted.

First I have ClockworkMod 2.5.01 installed with Bugless Beast v0.3

Now I cannot tell whether to update with either the
    1- Ava-FroyoV3 4G+Cams+LEDS+tether+2.2Sense+newradio! ROM
    or the
    2- OTA 2.2 Stock Froyo Update (Rooted) Full Rom

They both have the same radio and wimax only difference I see is that the ava one claims everything is working (Bt, 4G, 3G teethering, Wifi, etc) which the OTA rom doesn't really say much.
    But the ava one if I am not mistaken is the Incredible rom that was ported to the EVO. ???

Guess in the mean time while you guys give feedback I start reading the over 100 pages of each thread to see which one to choose.
    Any pointers/tips is welcome.

TS

12. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

TwoSpirits: I can't get #2 to work. I get "signature verification failed"

13. EarlyMon

I had no trouble with #2. Weird.

#1 looks _mighty interesting though_ ...

CriticalCritic, this rom sustains previous root access, it does not grant new access.

CriticalCritic likes this.
  14. SporkLover

SporkLover Well-Known Member

I updated with this update. Update was incremental, didn't have to do a full new Rom flash. Nice. Linpack scores are good.

15. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Good to hear that it works for some. Were you rooted before the upgrade? Wonder if that is why the signature issue?

16. EarlyMon

Yes - I was rooted before this.

Are you rooted already?

17. Razgriz

Razgriz Member

For some reason, I'm not able to delete apps in AndroidMate with this.

18. EarlyMon

Titanium Backup seems to do the job.

Razgriz likes this.
  19. Razgriz

Razgriz Member

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

20. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

Same here on the unrevoked front (unrevoked3). Do I need to nand unlock first? I went to XDA but it's down...

21. mx7

mx7 Well-Known Member

bump

22. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

I think i am going to wait till the 3rd

23. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

its *2 not #2, i've made that mistake before.

I went with number 2. I'm going to wait for sprints final release before I try a custom. man my phone seems to run so much better now :)

I also see this version which is the deodexed version of stock rom Rooted HTC Stock Froyo 3.26.651.3 - Deodexed - xda-developers

anyone know what the differences are between odexed and deodexed?

I see a couple of more custom roms have pooped up as well. the next couple of weeks should be fun :D

24. uniquenameEVO

OK, so xda is back up. I've spent an hour looking around and can't find my answers. Since this is my first ROM, I sort of want to do it right, and I cannot figure out if unrevoked3 is enough.

Is there a "flashing a rom for dummies" guide? I can not find one, and looking at the roms...I see different things. Some make it look like I simply need to rename to update.zip, put the file on the root of the sd and reboot into recovery mode. Is it really this easy?

I don't anticipate needing rom manager, seems to be that is for people changing often. Not to mention I would like to do things right and know how to do it manually if I want change later. (sort of ironic considering my root method, eh?).

I have a titanium backup, and am seriously considering using toast's guide and starting from scratch. I am torn between wanting simple and wanting knowledge.

25. uniquenameEVO