2.2 Froyo ROM available for download on ROM Manager?

1. chr1sny

chr1sny Well-Known Member

Hello all,

Just wondering if there are any Froyo ROm's avaialble for download and installation through ROM Manager yet?

It's a very exciting time but I am away from a PC so I'm waiting for ROM manager to make it simple for me to backup and install a Froyo ROM.

Advertisement
  2. chr1sny

I know that there are themes for 2.2 ROM's available but I wasn't sure if any of the actual 2.2 ROM's themselves were available yet on ROM Manager.
  3. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

Not yet... as far as I know no one has been able to get a 2.2 ROM to install successfully as a .zip file (currently you have to unzip the files to you nandroid backup folder and install like a nandroid using CM or SPR) trying to install via the RM method using a .zip will result in not being able to use data...
  4. chr1sny

Thanks for the info, I'll have to wait to install it then since I'd like to have a proper PC to use those methods. I've never installed any ROM's through any method other than Rom Manager.
  5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Um.. Every froyo rom that I have downloaded and installed has been directly with my Droid. To unzip or rename the files after you download, just use astro file manager.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    chr1sny likes this.
  6. chr1sny

I'll give it a shot G.Armour. If things dont workout, I can always use ROM Manager to restore my backed up system image right?
  7. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

Has this happened yet, I have tried to keep up with the hype and posts but work always gets in the way. Just looking for the easy way to do this, I know the Themes are there, but are the ROMS there yet?
  8. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

No one has an zip form of the rom working yet. Until that happens it wont be in rom manager
  9. BucYouUp68

Thanks For the Quick Reply.
  10. Arte Suave

Arte Suave Active Member

Its out now
    jamo likes this.
  11. ska.t73

Where? I do not see it anywhere in Rom Manager...?
  12. Haywire

Haywire Well-Known Member

I was going to say, I just saw something on twitter about this, but I'm guessing you probably need the pro version of rom manager for this rom.. Still nice to see them hitting rom manager though!
  13. ska.t73

I have the pro version...
  14. BucYouUp68

Me too, I am not seeing it either
  15. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Suave has five posts...might be playing you guys. <shrug>
  16. Captain R

Captain R Member

Its on rom manger listed under Stock Images
  17. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I see it on there. I'm downloading it now, has anyone tried it to see if it's for real?
  18. ska.t73

If it is under stock images then it was put there by Koush... It's real... It is more then likely the new 2.2 either he found a to get it to zip right or RM is installing it from the Nandroid...
  19. BucYouUp68

How did it work out for you?
  20. chr1sny

Thanks for the update guys, I'm going to load this up now and check it out.
  21. chr1sny

Does reverting to the stock 2.2 froyo leak on rom manager make you lose root? In case this doesn't work well, I want to be able to restore the backup that Rom Manager makes.
  22. coled91

coled91 Well-Known Member

I am downloading now and will update when i get it installed
  23. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

I just tried it and can't get it to install through SPR. I did a factory reset, wipe, but then it just terminated the installation of update.zip. Any ideas?

I get to Installing update...
    Installation aborted.
  24. ska.t73

It is in ROM Manager why would you be trying to install it using SPR? You just download it in RM and then let RM do the work...

Nothing you download in RM will work in SPR, even if you rename it update.zip...
  25. coled91

coled91 Well-Known Member

Ive had it installed for about 20 minutes now and it has root. It also seems to be running perfectly fine. I have not run into any problems. I will update if i find an issue