2.2 Froyo ROM available for download on ROM Manager?

Last Updated: 2010-06-10 09:20:26
  1. chr1sny

chr1sny Well-Known Member

I'm in the midst of activating right now. Looks ok so far. Have you tried running any themes for 2.2 from Rom Manager yet?

Advertisement
  2. chr1sny

Also what kernels are good for overclocking? The Koush 2.2 froyo ROM feels sluggish compared to BB 1.1
  3. coled91

coled91 Well-Known Member

No i havent tried any themes (mainly because i noticed people were having lots of problems) but i did notice with the setCPU app the highest i can overclock it now is 800mhz. So i was wondering if i could possibly get some help with that?? I was running 1.1ghz before on 2.1 with bbv1.1 and i really liked that
  4. coled91

I would like to know some kernels too
  5. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

I've never been able to get RM Recovery to work. I've tried doing it with a Nandroid backup by putting it in the Nandroid folder, but it gives me an "exited with status 25" and stops. *sigh*

And I'm trying to install the .zip files from Droidlife.
  6. Arte Suave

Arte Suave Active Member

Maybe not. I read it on Twitter. Looked in my ROM manager under stock images, and saw it. I just didnt get a chance to get back to this thread. Im new to Droid but have been modding BBs for a while.
  7. krinklebein

krinklebein Member

Is the camera screen shot and gallery fuzzy like the rest of the releases?
  8. chr1sny

Going through an app restore right now. Nice feature!

Wifi seems to be working fine.
  9. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

So glad koush got this in updat.zip form. I hate installing nandroids
  10. coled91

No the gallery is fine and i just went through all of the camera since you noted it and im not seeing any problems.
    krinklebein likes this.
  11. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

Ok, I did it the Nandroid way. The status 25 error means there are too many subfolders, so I extracted the files to a folder, put it in nandroid, did an advanced restore, and now it seems to have worked just fine. Sweet!
  12. coled91

I just noticed a problem. It doesnt seem to have flash..? I went to hulu.com and it said that flash player 10.xxxx was needed.. I dont understand, if someone could help that would be greeeaaatt
  13. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

From what I understand, there are problems with Hulu playing on any mobile device; I think it's a licensing issue. I've heard of workarounds for it, but they're not really reliable.
  14. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

you have to actually install flash. download it ere

Now that you have FROYO, How About Flash
  15. chr1sny

Just tried to load blackdroidz and clean black themes from rom manager. Didn't seem to do anything. Very odd.
  16. coled91

17. coled91

18. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

It is an apk you need to launch it so that it will install...
  19. coled91

well i tried to launch eoe appinstaller pro because i figured that would load the apk files but it keeps doing a forceclose and i cant do anything

Edit: HA i got it! thanks
  20. chr1sny

I just opened the apk with astro and app manager, it installed fine.

Watching the NBA finals right now on my phone. Pretty amazing. Its a little choppy though.
  21. coled91

oh sh*t I didn't even think about watching kobe haha. which website are you on?
  22. chr1sny

i was using channelsurfing =)

HAs anyone gotten exchange to work? I cant connect to my corporate email. Keeps saying my login/pw is wrong!?
  23. coled91

ok thanks ;)

and also if anyone can figure out how to get setCPU to run at like 1-1.2ghz or a kernel I need with this install to run at that speed I would love to know how to do it. Its only running at 800mhz max right now and I liked it alot better before when I was running it faster..
  24. mihalich

mihalich Well-Known Member

lol. Koush is awesome. I love how it just quietly shows up on ROM Manager.

Joe
  25. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

I think I will wait this one out, somehow STABLE stands out to me.