2.2 froyo update buggy for preloaded droids or no?

Last Updated:

1. Coolcat615

Coolcat615 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys... I've been viewing this forum for months and I'm surprised that I haven't joined until now lol... I'm currently a tmobile customer and will be getting the X in November. I've read in a few places and from a few people in person that the 2.2 froyo update was a tad buggy in small ways after the update... My question here is... Are any of you who recently bought a droid x PRELOADED with 2.2 have any problems too? Are is it primarily those who came from 2.1? I am honestly hoping to find a droid x with 2.1 so I can hold out on the update until the kinks are fixed but I was just curious if there was a difference for those who updated and those who got there's preloaded.

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else... I looked (honestly lol)

Advertisement
  2. wxman2003

wxman2003 Well-Known Member

Most of them now come with 2.2 preloaded. By the time you get yours in November, they probably will all be preloaded with 2.2.

3. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 Well-Known Member

Yea I have recently picked up 3 of them for me and family all came with 2.2. I can say for the most part I haven't seen many bugs, but they are extremely laggy.

4. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

Mine is great with a few minor issues... (it did come loaded with 2.2)

Issue one is the battery monitor force close... It does not happen a lot, but it does FC...

Issue two is the text messages being out of order...

Other than that, it's fast, no lag, no reboots, and works great...

5. Crass

Crass New Member

Ok... recently I got my first DX. It was on 2.1 and I ran it that way for about two days, and then ran the ota update. For whatever reason the update never finished, and my phone was stuck in a bootloop. Tried everything and could not get my phone to boot. Tried flashing the 2.1 sbf... bad idea. Instant brick. I already had a new DX on the way in the mail. New one arrived fedex and its on 2.2. I ran 2.2 for a few days ... and betwen the 2.1 or 2.2 loaded on the phone. I choose 2.1. What I choose over that is what I have now... rooted 2.2 with the 928droidBlackGlass theme. End result..... I like it. That's just my experience.