2.2 is Awesome!

Last Updated:

1. tennisplayer

tennisplayer Member This Topic's Starter

Had to do one battery pull the same day that I downloaded. That's it. It never lags, rocket fast, battery life is beyond my wildest dreams. I'm a pharma specialty rep out all day, numerous emails, texts, voice mails, using nav and the web on and off all day long. I'm now at 50% around midnight each night since the download. Love the 2.2!

Advertisement
    Nolesfan likes this.
  2. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Nice....love posts like this...so sick of all the 2.2 is crap ones...

3. TMack

TMack Well-Known Member

Me too!

4. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Funny how polarizing 2.2 has been. People either love it, or want to throw it in the same bottomless pit that God is supposed to throw the Devil down into on judgement day.

All we seemed to hear about for the three or four weeks leading up to its release was, "WHERE THE HELL IS IT"??? Ever since it hit all we seem to hear is, "SEND IT BACK"!!!

I'm loving my froyo. But all I can do is hope that 3.0 brings us all together as a community so we can all agree for once. But something tells me that just ain't gonna happen. I get the impression that Google will never be able to make everyone happy no matter what they do. It's aight Google..... I'm happy. :)

5. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

For me, the best thing about 2.2 is no more force closes on voice recognition. 2.1 was always force closing especially when I'd give demos to iPhone owners who'd laugh and simply say "I think I'll stick to my iphone" ......:(

So far I haven't had a single voice force close yet.

Take that Vader!!!

6. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

2.2 has been great, love it

7. SgtBaxter

SgtBaxter Well-Known Member

The main problem I see with 2.2 is the facebook app is total crap. True, it was crap with 2.1, but in 2.2 it doesn't let my phone sleep. Unless I force quit the app, the phone is always running and battery life suffers. It's also completely locked up the phone several times, an issue I never had in 2.1.

Also, FWIW my wifi connection at home *still* does not connect automatically most of the time. It's pretty hit or miss. When I first updated to 2.2, it connected everytime I walked in the door for about a week. Then it went to crap.

8. daviddcmd

daviddcmd Well-Known Member

If you had the some problems I've had with 2.2 you'd feel different.

9. gibbga

gibbga Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for everyone having trouble with 2.2. In our household with 2 X's, both have been working incredibly well, especially battery life. I can't wait to go visit family and shove it in my brother's face cause he was telling what crappy battery life I would be getting with any of 'these' phones.

10. Mojorisen

Mojorisen Well-Known Member

Gotta love details. :rolleyes:

11. daviddcmd

Incredible lag, when the phone goes horizontal it won't go vertical without hitting the sleep button. Widget locker force closes, camera shuts down. Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

12. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Only problem I have is the intermittent battery manager force close.

13. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

well, my 2.2 unofficial is here to stay on my phone!
    it works flawlessly.

14. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

So does the OTA 2.2 on most phones. ;)

15. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I like it a lot. Aside from the music player thing that crept back up on me... :-/ That might have been caused by the Big Oven app though. Other than that I love the improvements :)

16. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Well it's quite obvious that those are all the improvements Google made to their OS when they put in all those long man hours working on updating it to froyo, so that's a sign that everything went incredibly smooth for you when you updated your phone.

Now had your phone reacted differently, say it sped everything up, improved your battery life, brought you more features like flash and Wifi hotspot and generally pollished the entire system up... well then I would tell you to do a factory reset and try it again like I did until I got it right. And if that still didn't work out for you then I would have said to take it into Verizon and tell them the update screwed up your phone and either fix it for you or give you a new one.

But you won't have to do any of that since you're one of the lucky one's.

17. daviddcmd

I guess the thread titled "Please list Droid X froyo bugs, problems, glitches" is full of shiney happy people then.

18. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

Nope, its just a bunch of idiots in that thread lol

19. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

no but it is probably a better place to rant on 2.2 than a thread talking about how happy someone is with it.