2.2 Is FAST!General

1. DevinSean

DevinSean Active Member

I'm Loving the speed of 2.2!

Advertisement
  2. trout

trout Active Member

What linpack scores are being achieved with this verison 2.2.1've been running 7.4mflops
    Since the download was running low 9s with velocity

Still a lot better then stock 2.1
  3. Viper05

Viper05 Well-Known Member

I too can say I really like the speed of 2.2. Even with very slow hardware, the Ally seems to handle it fairly well. Replacing the launcher with ADW helped even more when I used the "fast" preset of ADW.
  4. dcrow555d

dcrow555d Member

Is it just me, or is my battery life extremely better with 2.2?
  5. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

Seems worse for me, I guess I need to go ahead and do a factory reset though.
  6. jackals

jackals Member

how do I get 2.2 on my ally?
  7. dautley

It's being pushed out in a update by Verizon, you should be getting a prompt to update on your phone in the next few days as long as your not running a custom ROM.
  8. jackals

jackals Member

it says i can get it on the lg website.. im there -- where is the updater?
  9. dautley

10. marktobes

marktobes Member

Yeah it was running sluggish/taking a long time to load applications or force closing alot of applications until I ran the factory reset.

Took that as an opportunity to switch from LauncherPro to ADW and I'll admit I'm hooked. Running faster than ever and enjoying being able to switch between gmail accounts much easier as well as changing the security code to a pin number like in older feature phones rather than a pattern

My recommendation:
    definitely run the factory reset
  11. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member

Hm. I didn't have to do a reset. Mine seems to be running a bit better. Moreso since I moved some installed apps over to my SD card.

I've not tried it yet, but has anyone noticed if the hands-free dialing via Bluetooth actually works? I'd prefer to use that over vlingo if I can. Vlingo is great and all, but I really don't want to have to take my eyes off of the road to open it. And legally I can't touch the phone when driving in certain areas.

Should we hold our collective breath for 2.3? ;)
  12. bnitty

bnitty Well-Known Member

I received my OTA yesterday but I'm waiting to install it
  13. NickAVV

NickAVV Active Member

You should go on the IRC and let the developers know, they've been waiting for someone like you I believe.
  14. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Well-Known Member

Nah, they got the file the need already.

However, you should NOT install it, unless you don't care about rooting the phone.
  15. bjones6416

bjones6416 Active Member

Yes, I'm happy to report that hands-free dialing now works with my Bluetooth earpiece! I'm very glad -- I've really missed that. On my device, I press the button on the earpiece until I hear two beeps, then I can just say the command, i.e., "call home." However, since Google Maps prompted me to install TexttoSpeech from the market, it now gives me a spoken prompt after the two beeps -- "speak now." Works great.
  16. bnitty

bnitty Well-Known Member

I haven't installed my OTA. I just disabled the notification. I'm patiently waiting...
  17. odbo255

odbo255 Active Member

How do you disable the notification?
  18. RideZeLitenin

RideZeLitenin Well-Known Member

Oh god bless the Apps to SD option FINALLY being available! I can't tell you how much I've wanted that stinkin update! Finally, no more constant uninstalls and reinstalls!!
  19. kahmikahze

kahmikahze Active Member

i had a rooted phone and I d/led it. I know i'm gonna have to wait for the root, but it's no matter. we have 2.2(.1) so...sweet!
  20. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Well-Known Member

With Verizon deeming the Ally to be End of Life product in March, I'll presume the answer is no.
  21. lafter

lafter Member

If the Ally had 2.2 a few months back I wouldn't of bought the Droid2 .. my girlfriend is loving my old Ally though.
  22. lanee

lanee New Member

My phone keeps beeping what should I do
  23. kyle5434

kyle5434 Well-Known Member

Answer it?
  24. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Well-Known Member

LOL!!!!! :p:p:p:p