• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.2 is now available on Cap in canada

GOOGLE GROUPS DISPLAY IN THE CONTACT LIST!!!!! FINALLY! I was REALLY annoyed to go from a Nexus One to the Captivate and not have my Google Groups display for the contacts

As for the Windows 7 issue, as I said from reading on XDA, people using Win7 are having issues... XP works without any problems. I think I read someone did a crap load of stuff with their registry, but ??

As for the AT&T Captivate, sorry... No idea :( The update might be associated to the model number of the phone? Since the AT&T and Rogers versions differ in model #

Upvote 0
GOOGLE GROUPS DISPLAY IN THE CONTACT LIST!!!!! FINALLY! I was REALLY annoyed to go from a Nexus One to the Captivate and not have my Google Groups display for the contacts

As for the Windows 7 issue, as I said from reading on XDA, people using Win7 are having issues... XP works without any problems. I think I read someone did a crap load of stuff with their registry, but ??

As for the AT&T Captivate, sorry... No idea :( The update might be associated to the model number of the phone? Since the AT&T and Rogers versions differ in model #

So your saying you have the official 2.2 on your rogers captivate? I have'nt seen anyone else say they have it on any other forums! I'm sorta not believing it. If so hope we at&t users get it soon.

Upvote 0
So your saying you have the official 2.2 on your rogers captivate? I have'nt seen anyone else say they have it on any other forums! I'm sorta not believing it. If so hope we at&t users get it soon.

its there im actually doing it now,, had to do it on a old xp laptop,, would not work for me on win7/64

actually rogers has a forums of people running it,,,

Upvote 0
Just updated 2.2

The Kies version 1.5.3.10113_29 give the instruction to switch to download mode in the update process.

The first time I follow the instruction as displayed but seem to not switch to download mode. So fail!!

The second time I pull out the battery before the usb cable, so the phone beep once and Kies screen show device disconnected, made the last steps and the installation go on till the end.

Someone can confirm?

Thank's and ENJOY 2.2, now Gingerbread, when!? ;-)

Upvote 0
Brand new user - bought the phone two days ago. Sat down tonight to figure out how to sync it to my computer and started searching for how to use the silly thing (first smartphone).

The seller told me to download the AT&T updates so I did last night. I found the Kies program on my phone this evening, but it wouldn't "install" on my computer. I just downloaded Kies for my PC from this link

4.0 inch SUPER AMOLED Display, Layar Reality Browser, Android 2.1 OS, 1GHz CPU Speed, 5 Megapixel AF Camera, Music Player - Samsung I9000 - Infotainment - mobile phones | SAMSUNG

It says the release date was today. Is this new or an old version. (Still installing on my computer - Norton says it is safe.

Upvote 0
US phones can only use Kies Mini which can be found here Samsung if you click on the software tab. Using Kies Mini you can upgrade your phone to JH7 if your phone didn't come with it (it probably didn't). What you linked was the full version of Kies which everybody else in the world gets to use (it will say our phones aren't supported if you try to connect). It was just updated today most likely for the Canadian users that need to use it to get 2.2 on their phones.

EDIT: If you downloaded AT&T updates on your phone using the software update button then you'll have JH7 already.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones