2.2 Issues im havingSupport

Last Updated:

1. bmwrin1990

bmwrin1990 Member This Topic's Starter

May 23, 2010
    I just wanted to post some of the issues ive been having with my DX. I know there alot of other posts about issues, but just wanted to say what ive been going through after the Official OTA.

I updated to 2.2 as soon as it came out...i then later used RSD Lite and bricked my phone...(this is before it was really know, prob because everyone was still asleep and i just happened to be unlucky) but anyway, i was sent out a CLN DX next day...so i started with a fresh phone and installed 2.2 immediately.

Every since ive installed 2.2, my phone just seems to lag with everything. Moving through screens and even pulling up the app tray seems to be a chore sometimes. Ive recently noticed that while im listening to music and i receive a call, it doesnt work correctly. I answer the call and it seems no one is on the other end...phone is connected, but neither me or the other person can hear one another...i tried calling the person back, but the same thing was occurring. I had to reboot the phone for it to work correctly.

Ive also been having problems with Battery Manager. Im able to open the application, but half the time when i attempt to look at usage, it force closes...it happens randomly.

Other small things that i have noticed are...when the phone is plugged into power and in standby, when unplugged, the backlight will turn on but not the screen...you have to press the power button to actually get the phone to come on. I have been having problems with the Facebook app updating correctly...it will update at the initial screen, but when i go onto posts, it shows older posts and i have to update it again to see new ones.
    The only other issue/question i had is, has anyone ever noticed that when using the phone while its charging, it lags even more? Sometimes it hardly responds, especially when messaging..it will just go crazy when im trying to type and enter random letters i havent pressed.

I have also read about the battery life after the update...i will say that it has improved greatly for the most part. I notice that while in standby, the battery doesnt drain like before..(may be the new power setting that are shutting off data connections) battery life in general is much improved...im getting around 15-16 hours on the standard battery with moderate use. I have the extended that should do even better.

So, just some of my concerns with the new update...
    I have to say im pretty disappointed with the update. Motorola took quite a while to actually release it, but wish they would have done a better job at fixing the bugs before releasing it. I would have rather they held off on the update than rushing to get it out by the "deadline" they had set....

2. WTrax

WTrax Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I have to agree. While some things do run better, I think overall the phone seems more buggy since the update.
  3. swagner53

swagner53 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Although I haven't seen any lag I have seen some bugginess. Some of it I blame on Launcher Pro. However, the battery manager is clearly a bug. My battery life has not changed. I get about 15 hours on average. I was having trouble with Pandora shutting down on notifications too- but that has been fixed in a Pandora update.