2.2 Leak discussionGeneral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. JuicyJones

JuicyJones Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The other OTA Leak discussion is completely off subject, no one talking about the 2.2 leak that is out. For those who don't know the official 2.2 has leaked, you might want to check it out here...

[ROM]Leaked Stock 2.2 with Sense [EVERYTHING WORKS!!] - xda-developers

I for some reason can't get this thing installed. It keeps aborting the update when verifying for some reason.

Advertisement
  2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

There is actually a thread in the ROMs subforum discussing it. It is there because you must be rooted in order to load the ROM, thus making it irrelevant to keep on the main forum.

The OTA discussion thread is directed to discussion towards the OTA leak earlier that updated 720p video recording, mobile hotspot, etc., but not aimed towards 2.2.

3. JuicyJones

JuicyJones Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm assuming the 2.2 update.zip file (which can be installed through stock android recovery) will be out within the next week...

I'm going to pass on this leaked version.

4. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member

I read you need to root to install the OTA leaked previously and then do the 2.2 leak after.

You cannot go back easily so be cautious.

5. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member

Let me make sure I understand, you have to be rooted to install the froyo leak?

6. Josh2

Josh2 Well-Known Member

If you are rooted you have to unroot install the OTA, reroot, then install the rom. If you are not rooted then you just have to install the OTA, root, and install the 2.2 rom.

mills23 likes this.
  7. dspcap

dspcap Well-Known Member

When I had a BB, I was constantly loading leaks and hybrids... But with this phone, I don't really see the point. I must be missing something :)

8. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

I see why some people are doing it and honestly, I generally love to tinker with my gadgets.

But I just don't feel the need with this phone. Maybe it's because I am one of the lucky ones who isn't having a problem. Battery life is okay, reception is great, screen looks perfect, camera is fine, so on etc. It's doing everything I need it too at the moment.

So instead of taking the chance of turning my phone into a paperweight, I will patiently wait for the official update to come. At least if Verizon bricks my phone I know they will replace it ;)

lilsaphyre likes this.
  9. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

Respectfully request we leave this thread open for people that don't even know what "roms" means.

Let them sort out the garbage then let us newbs know its safe. If it gets out of hand, maybe a subscription thread mastas?

10. dspcap

dspcap Well-Known Member

So when you brick a Blackberry, you just reload it again. What happens when you brick the Incredible? Are you pretty much screwed and need to beg VZW for forgiveness?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.