• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.2 Market Fix for THEMED Phones...

Noice!

Which issue (or issues?) does it fix...the one where all apps don't appear, or the Market refuses to load (opens, stays w/progress circle spinning, but apps never appear)?

And I assume you deleted the file from the theme zip, and then applied the theme to an unthemed 2.2 install....

Upvote 0
the Market refuses to load (opens, stays w/progress circle spinning, but apps never appear)?

Yes this issue.
I deleted the .apk from the .zip theme file - then I applied it to bare Bugless Beast.

I am only having trouble with two downloads showing stuck at 100% but I think it's the network. I just DLed 6 apps very quickly now AND I have DropTheme.

How often are most people in the Market to care?

I also took out Launcher2 and LauncherPro files as I don't use them.

Nick

Upvote 0
original_image.gif

Upvote 0
Yes this issue.
I deleted the .apk from the .zip theme file - then I applied it to bare Bugless Beast.

I am only having trouble with two downloads showing stuck at 100% but I think it's the network. I just DLed 6 apps very quickly now AND I have DropTheme.

How often are most people in the Market to care?

I also took out Launcher2 and LauncherPro files as I don't use them.

Nick

Funny - I had that issue (won't load) on an unthemed install of BB Froyo.

Thanks for posting your fix.

Upvote 0
Yeah, this sounds like my issue. Only just noticed it today, though, and I've been themed for a few days, now. So go into the the theme file, find Market vending, and delete that?

EDIT: Yeah, that didn't work for me. This is the message I'm getting: "Attention: A network error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen.", w/ options to retry or cancel.

Initially, I was able to fix permissions w/ ROM Manager and get to the Market. When I got there, all my updates were firing, but not actually DLing. So I canceled each DL. When I got to the ROM Manager update, trying to cancel it would force close the Market. I could open it again, but each time it was the same thing. So I tried the fix mentioned here and I'm getting the same message again. Tried fixing permissions again and now I'm still getting that same message. So...

Upvote 0
Yeah, this sounds like my issue. Only just noticed it today, though, and I've been themed for a few days, now. So go into the the theme file, find Market vending, and delete that?

EDIT: Yeah, that didn't work for me. This is the message I'm getting: "Attention: A network error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen.", w/ options to retry or cancel.

Initially, I was able to fix permissions w/ ROM Manager and get to the Market. When I got there, all my updates were firing, but not actually DLing. So I canceled each DL. When I got to the ROM Manager update, trying to cancel it would force close the Market. I could open it again, but each time it was the same thing. So I tried the fix mentioned here and I'm getting the same message again. Tried fixing permissions again and now I'm still getting that same message. So...

Hmmm - interesting.
I have been running DropTheme (altered) for a few days and it's flawless.
Ummm - OK...

Nandroid back to pre-theme.
Clear Market data
Fix Permissions
ONLY remove Vendor.apk
Save the altered zip
Load onto SD
MAKE SURE you have the correct version, as in SPR or CW since now developers are offering both.
Install
Boot up
Fix permissions
Sync
DL one app - MANUALLY, don't tick the auto update and DONT try it with GMaps as that has independent issues.
See what it does for a minute and if it's slow, leave the phone alone for 10 minutes and see.

My market took about 10 minutes to begin DLing, but now it works with relative ease. I have the Froyo baseband too, I doubt that makes a difference, but just so you know.

Lemme know what happens and which theme you are using.
Nick

PS - Do my steps in that order please :)

PPS - If you are running Juice Defender like me, there is a glitch that doesn't turn data on for a minute after you wake the phone, so disable this before you go to the Market at the end.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones