2.2 OTA. How do I get phone internet on my computer/wii?Support

Last Updated:

1. nintennuendo

nintennuendo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm moving and in a fit of cost-cutting I've decided to just use this phone for internet. Only thing I really use the computer for netwise is downloading torrents which I can do when I get a 32gb card and for listening to music which I can already do. Still, I'd like to have the web browsing and keyboard features and whatever. I want the net on the computer. what is the best way for cheapest? I really don't want to tether with sprint.

Advertisement
  2. 355spider

355spider Well-Known Member

There is no other way for you to tether except paying forty it through sprint because you are 2.2. I assume you are not rooted?

3. nintennuendo

nintennuendo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Unfortunately not. I didn't look into the subject before I updated. I see this app in the market for 10$ that will let me tether without a limit. Is it any good?

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

pdanet and easytether are two apps on the market that are great for tethering your evo to your pc. the evo does not need to be rooted and does not require sprints $30 fee. i'm using pdanet and it working great so far. i'm also updated with froyo and i'm not rooted as well.

5. alansauce

alansauce Well-Known Member

pdanet is great on 2.2 unrooted. I'm planning to shed the need for cable internet as well. However for your wii the only way might be to roll back to 2.1 and root it to use it through wireless tether.