2.2 OTA to 2.1 SBF

Last Updated:

1. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so I read the discussions in the sticky regarding the 2.2 OTA to 2.1 SBF problem, and maybe I'm not reading it correctly (it is 2 in the morning, after all) but it seems as if it's still up in the air a bit. I saw this comment in one of the discussion threads:

But I haven't seen the "details soon" yet. So what, if I have the 2.1 SBF and a droid x with the 2.2 OTA, can I SBF or not? If not, is there a 2.2 SBF out there? Will it work with the same motorola software/drivers that I used before?

anybody have any updates on this issue? it seemed like those discussion threads had died, the last post was like, the 26th of september or something like that.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Mojorisen

Mojorisen Well-Known Member

You may not see the "details soon" part, as he has given up on the X.

Thread/tweet(s) here.

3. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Well-Known Member

You cannot sbf back to 2.1 from 2.2 OTA. You will brick your phone. Also, there is a/ system sbf for 2.2 somewhere. Just do a search for it. Or if someone has a link please post.it. I didn't upgrade to 2.2 OTA specifically so I didn't get stuck without a true full sbf. Hope this info helped.

4. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yah I saw that. that's too bad =[

dang. so did anyone ever find out what birdman was talking about before he quit on the X? Was he just talking about the 2.2 SBF you mentioned? or did he have some other trick up his sleeve?

5. Mojorisen

Mojorisen Well-Known Member

...The World may never know...