• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.2 problems - notification bar, calendar

Since I updated this morning, there are no longer any settings for wifi, bluetooth, sound, or anything in the notification bar. There is an empty grey box where those toggles used to appear. Additionally, the calendar is completely dead - crashes every time I try to access. Have tried restarting. Anyone else have these problems? Is there a way to put the settings back into the notification bar?

Same here with the notification bar. Don't think there's a fix, my moment was the same, just like the new unlock/answer phone slide. I actually liked those features of the intercept over the moment but could be Samsung ui and overall I like the new OS. Haven't had any problems with the calendar, seems to be working right for me.

Upvote 0
The Intecept has a widget called Power Control that has the Bluetooth, WiFi and GPS toggles. With the extra screens, you should have room for this widget. For the sound, you can hold the power button for one second and a menu will pop up with the Silent Mode toggle where you can turn the sound off and on. Sorry, but I have no idea why your calendar is crashing.

Upvote 0
I don't know if this or similar works with the Intercept, but I use it with my Evo. I was envious off the notification bar feature of my wife's Epic, not anymore.

[PORT][MOD][Deprecated] Notification Menu Power Control Widgets for Sense based ROMs - Page 32 - xda-developers

We are actually using this to port this feature for the moment and if Samsung Doesn't offer a touchwix update with 2.2 on the intercept I am positive it won't take much to get this back on the intercept.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones