2.2 Problems

1. hkirkman

hkirkman Member

I hate what 2.2 has done to my Fascinate!!! The battery life is horrible, around half of what it used to be. I don't have service in places I used to have full service. Sometimes I don't receive calls- People say it rings on their end but it doesn't on mine. I am receiving texts and voicemails late... and the list goes on. I did the factory reset about an hour ago hoping it would help but I just received a voicemail from someone without my phone ever ringing. I'm starting to get aggravated... any ideas? I miss my old Fascinate :(

Advertisement
  2. Leonard1818

Leonard1818 Well-Known Member

1. battery life
    2. don't receive calls

I have these problems with 2.2 as well. I haven't put my wifes phone on 2.2 yet b/c of the battery problem (she doesn't charge hers like I do).

BUT Overall, for me, it is worth it. I just used her phone the other day and I had forgotten how "un-fluid" it was and it was substantially slower when trying to look up something on the web. It probably helps that I totally formatted my phone (like reflashed the stock 2.1 on with ODIN) and then updated to 2.2 and hers hasn't had a data reset or reflash using ODIN or anything... but either way, if you kinda know what you're getting into and you like the new features of 2.2, it's worth it.

Unfortunately, the battery thing *almost* makes it not worth it...