2.2 rom for Ally

Last Updated:

1. KCrick

KCrick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How diffacult would it be to port 2.2 to the ally? I'm tired of waiting on Lg I was wondering how long/difficult it would be to port 2.2 to the ally, would you do it just like you flash a custom rom? would someone start working on this? =)

Advertisement
  2. skater95

skater95 Well-Known Member

2.2 rom for ally is extremely hard, and there is people working on it, but they can't very far because they can't compile the kernel

ErisEscalavee likes this.
  3. jCorrr

jCorrr Member

If LG pushes the update, as soon as a dev gets ahold of it the process should come along much quicker I believe. Be patient.

I believe you are rooted and using a custom ROM, but if you're not..

If you want FroYo just for the speed, just use Velocity 0.2 (or 0.3 depending on when/if you do it), and Drellisdee's JIT/OC Kernel and overclock it, until they release a custom FroYo ROM. Much better performance overall.

4. dots

dots Well-Known Member

I agree with jCorr here Just velocity imo makes the ally an much better phone. Adding the JIT kernel just makes even more awesome. And if you want more awesomeness overclock it. :)

5. KCrick

KCrick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yeah im wanting the performance, I installed the custom jit kernel and velocity .02 but i'm having a hard problem overclocking with setcpu is there something im missing? all i did for setcpu was install it, i think i read something about having to add a file for setcpu to use on your cd card... is that right?

6. jCorrr

jCorrr Member

Hop in the LG Ally IRC Channel, and fellow members and myself can help you with your situation.