2.2 screen/slide lock missing!Support

Last Updated:

1. dookie1

dookie1 Well-Known Member

so, i had the slide lock/accidental touch lock disabled in 2.1...bone stock phone. got the 2.2 OTA. installed without issue and has addressed many of my previous complaints (VPN, wifi, speaker volume).

under settings / location&security, in the security section, i see only two options...'set up screen lock' (pattern/pin/password) and 'security lock timer'. where is the option to turn on the slide lock?

vzw support was completely clueless, as i have (sadly) come to expect. they transferred me to motorola support, who says there should be a 3rd option there for the screen lock...

2. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

Yes there should be, I was wondering if this was going to happen - I upgraded with the first leak, had my screen lock active - no problems, it changed colors and was smoother. But I had no way of removing it, others who had it deactivated and ran the leak didn't have a lock at all, and no way of adding it - apparently this is still a bug, even with all the leaks and the OTA. I don't know if it has been done and maybe even too late but people really needed to know this before the OTA in case they wanted a lock screen. If moto states it should be there then maybe there will be a hotfix soon.