• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.2 + skype, need to change input method after every reboot

TT_Vert

Jun 4, 2010
Anyone else have this issue? When I power down and restart phone I have to manually go in and change to the stock keyboard and then back to swype. If I don't the blue trace will show but no text can be typed. I've read others had this issue and reinstalled. I uninstalled and reinstalled both the installer and the application per swypes instructions to no avail. This wouldn't be as much of an issue if I didn't swap batteries every day. Anyone else have this issue and resolve it?

Thanks
Dave

Anyone else have this issue? When I power down and restart phone I have to manually go in and change to the stock keyboard and then back to swype. If I don't the blue trace will show but no text can be typed. I've read others had this issue and reinstalled. I uninstalled and reinstalled both the installer and the application per swypes instructions to no avail. This wouldn't be as much of an issue if I didn't swap batteries every day. Anyone else have this issue and resolve it?

Thanks
Dave

THe solution is to download the hacked version of swype from xda. I'll let you search for it there. The beta swype suffers from the problem you describe above.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones