2.2 Sleep Issue... running 100%... not GPS issue.Support

Last Updated:

1. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay so I seem to have a new sleep issue on 2.2. I also had this same issue with the leaked 2.2. This is what happens. My phone will be okay for maybe a day or even a day and a half... it also might occur after only a few hours. Phone will be sleeping fine and then all the sudden I notice my running time is increasing, even when the phone should be sleeping. Then the next day and every day after my running time is at 100% until I do a reboot on the phone. Here is the odd thing with this. If I go to partial wake usage there isn't anything there causing it. All the partial wake things are very small like they should be. With the GPS issue it was Android System that was causing the phone not to sleep and it was obvious. With this issue there is nothing showing in partial wake.

I've also seen a few others post replies in certain threads with this issue. I've tried doing a wipe and starting over and that was last night. Within about 6 hours or so off the charger today the issue was already back. We also have another Droid X in the household and I took a look at it tonight and it's also running 100% since off charger and nothing really showing up in partial wake.

I'd just like to see how many others are seeing this and hopefully someone can be smart enough to figure out what's causing it. I can't say for sure if I'm actually seeing a battery impact or not. Battery still seems decent to me. It's just very annoying knowing it's not working the way it's supposed to.

Advertisement
  2. Justintoxicated

Justintoxicated Well-Known Member

I'll check mine if you want to tell me how you are doing all this, partial wakeup etc.

3. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using an app called Battery History. You can also use Spare Parts app and go to the battery history section in it.

4. Justintoxicated

Justintoxicated Well-Known Member

Ok thats what I thought, I found it in my BatteryLeft application. I just restarted it and cleared cash since my Calendar was broken, so I guess I can't get a reading for you yet.

5. lennydude

lennydude Well-Known Member

Now that you are running 2.2
    Go to settings, applications, manage applications, and check the "running" tab. This will tell you everything that is currently running.
    I started having battery issues again and Spare Parts told me my phone was not sleeping. I checked the "running" tab and found the culprit.
    I did this after d/loading a You Tube app called Best Tube and found that it will not close properly. Even though it was not using a ton of power, it was indeed shortening my battery life considerably.
    If you can not identify an App that is obvious.............one that should be closed..........then i would d/load and use a task killer until you find which app is at fault. Hope this makes sense.........
    I have put some time into finding cures for my battery use and now always go through an average day (about 16 hours) with at least 30% battery left and most times 40%................

6. malek9696

malek9696 Active Member

Yeah, I would say it's an app or combination of apps. When I had Screen On and WidgetLocker running at the same time my phone never slept.

7. krackerjack

krackerjack New Member

I am a new Droid X owner (on my 3rd day) and this is my first Android phone and I seem to be having the same problem. I came from the Verizon Touch Pro. I have been reading through numerous pages here and else where about battery problems, GPS bug, bugs etc. I do not have an App killer because i have read that android handles it for you (unlike wm) and they don't work kindly with froyo (Came stock). I have noticed from the start that the phone battery does not last very long even with lite to moderate use. I did a test today. Plugged my phone up last night, unplugged (100%), rebooted, and left home about 10am. Had 2 very short phone calls, sent maybe 4 text messages, no web browsing, no gaming, turned screen on to check time few times, 3 or 4 emails come through, etc. I have sync set to check my university email every 4hrs and social networks every 1hr. Screen timeout set to 15secs. My screen brightness is set completely to the left (low). Phone had been on for about 6 hours total and is at 60%. This was me HARDLY using the phone. My Touch Pro would still be at around 90% or more. Please tell me this is not normal for this phone...

I read somewhere that spareparts can help find apps/services that are runaway killing the battery. Here is what I recorded when I got home.

Spareparts App reports:

Having