2.2 tomorrow and phone upgrade policy

Last Updated:

1. tex texington

tex texington Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What time does everyone think the official release will be out tomorrow? Another thing I have always wondered is why aren't people allowed to buy a new phone whenever they want? I am s brand new customer to Sprint as of the Evo's release date. By the time I can upgrade the Evo will be WAY out of date:/

Tex

Advertisement
  2. music_pharoah

music_pharoah Well-Known Member

You can! Of course you are allowed to purchase a brand new phone WHENEVER YOU WANT! Go to the store and buy an evo, it will run you $450.

But, phone companies *reward* customers for resigning with them with *discounts* on cell phones. IE, if you get locked into a two year contract with them, you will receive the phone for $200. The whole thing is a money game...as we all know, "time is money". Thus, they give these discounts to get you reeled in and keep you hooked. It's all corporate BS, but in the end, you can indeed purchase a phone whenever you want, you just may not receive the discount you want because they already have you under contract.

3. longfatyoung

longfatyoung New Member

You can buy a new phone at anytime! But your gonna pay retail! Most rebates & discounts are for new cutomers or to retain old ones with upgrades!

4. IXIShogunR1

IXIShogunR1 Well-Known Member

well you can buy a new phone anytime you want to.... but you can't get new customer/upgrade prices anytime you want to

you just have to pay full price and there you go new phone

5. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

Ive been through.... 6 new phones now in 6 months of sprint service. and i had att berfore sprint and verizon before that and always got new phones almost as often. buying full retail or on craigslist (be careful i dont always recommend it).

I think ill be with my lovely evo for a while :D

6. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

and the award for biggest waste of money goes to...

7. tomemail

tomemail Well-Known Member

Hey All

Just got off the phone with Sprint Tech Support and the fella that helped me said that he had just received a memo after returning from lunch "that the update had been delayed indefinately".

Thought I'd share.

The guy was really good with the tech support he offered and efficiently resolved my issue, so I would think he is pretty credible....who know.

8. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

It isn't your money, so it isn't any of your concern.

9. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I forget sometimes that I am not allowed an opinion on anything that doesn't directly affect me. So sorry sir. It will never happen again.

10. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member

Uh oh. Internet tough guy in the building.

11. italianwjt

italianwjt Well-Known Member

fight, FIGHT, FIGHT!!!!!

(BRB, going to go tell everyone there's going to be a fight in the 2.2 tomorrow and phone upgrade policy room!!)

12. Nearsite00

Nearsite00 Member

I just now called Sprint and got off the phone with Customer Service and I am now confirming what the OP has suggested (and I challenge you to call Sprint yourselves if you do not believe me).

Froyo is postponed indefinitely for Evo. The agent also referenced an internal memo that stated this.

13. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. WaSTeLaNd

WaSTeLaNd Well-Known Member

Just called as well, and was also told postponed Indefnitley, I was trying to wait till the ota but ill be manually updating tonight