2.2 Update FailedSupport

1. skd02

skd02 Well-Known Member

Downloaded the update completely via OTA. Then it started to unpack the update got about 25% done then just restarted. The phone booted back up then stated...

UPDATE FAILED or INCOMPLETE.reason: IP_PREVIOUS_UPDATE_FAILED

Any ideas?

I have never rooted. Wifi, bluetooth, GPS all off

Advertisement
    :
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Go into settings, if you have an update section, you may be able to force it to check and re-try.
  3. skd02

skd02 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I have tried that twice. I did a battery pull and now I am going to try and download again.
  4. skd02

skd02 Well-Known Member

Negative, still failed. If I take it to a vzw store can they manually update it for me?
  5. Jpags

Jpags Active Member

I got the same issue now
  6. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

I have this issue as well. Stock 2.1. Prior updates installed fine. This one fails as per above.
  7. gonzo143

gonzo143 Well-Known Member

Failed update here ! Tried twice! Then once again after pulling battery!
    Says 100 % when done downloading Software update
    pressed ok ( loud beep)
    warning screen not to make calls ...starts to dowload... see the andriod dude..phone reboots within a minute and then phone back to "normal"
    go to settings and then UPDATE FAILED...and tech support stopped at 11pm.

should have called after the first failed update ! Damn you VERIZON:mad:
  8. joshica

joshica Well-Known Member

After waiting so long for 2.2, now when I try to update, I get the error too. This is rediculous! Hopefully this is a minor problem.
  9. Blue218

Blue218 Well-Known Member

First time failed....damn....downloading second now. Sdecond failed...uninstalled Zombies!!! live wallpaper, Google translate and ADW EX.....trying a third time......

Wife's worked fine....she did not have ADW EX....????
  10. AlissaLL3

AlissaLL3 Well-Known Member

Well nothing i do works. OTA or the update.zip (fails with unauthorized and aborts)
    This really sucks.
    :(
  11. Blue218

Ug...third time= No Go....did battery pull and now downloading fourth time.....please work
  12. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Still the same issue for me, no luck. Time for bed, will try tomorrow. Drats ... :(
  13. jbirdsf

jbirdsf Well-Known Member

Having similar issue. Download failed - now all I get is 'network unavailable'! I knew it was too good to be true!
  14. Blue218

fourth time FAILED!!!!!! Get through download to where the box/arrow and android where it gets about 1/2 of the line filled up (yellow/orange) and then blank and reboot....strait to 2.1.......shhhhh______ttt Fuu__!!!!!!
  15. Blue218

Fith time....removed all google downloads.....????
  16. AlissaLL3

AlissaLL3 Well-Known Member

Took me 10 tries and it finally updated.
    Now I get com.google.apps has failed SORRY and force close and it never stops.

Reset my phone back to factory and will see what happens.
    :mad:
  17. skd02

skd02 Well-Known Member

Still no luck here after 5 tries... Ugg

--Update--
    Called VZW tech support and they gave me the number for Samsung 888-987-4357. Here we go with the run around. I will probably just visit a VZW store to see if they can manually install it.
  18. Blue218

No luck after 7th try....WTF?
  19. p1d

p1d New Member

Mine failed too. Update status says "user cancelled", caused by advanced task killer or a tasker profile maybe?. I attempt to check for new updates and it says, no new updates found. damn you!
  20. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I am on try #6 but I wiped my device first if this doesn't work I am taking it to a store for a replacement. I have been on the phone with VZW and Samsung no help!
  21. silverspot

silverspot Member

Yup - mine failed too. Trying again right now after 4 previous failed attempts.

Glad I'm not the only one in this predicament...
  22. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Just got off the phone with Verizon tech support and I was told some phones are not compatible with the new update and they are sending me a new phone but they cant guarantee the replacement will work. They told me certain esn numbers are affected and this is Samsung's fix WTF>
  23. jbirdsf

jbirdsf Well-Known Member

Not only did mine fail, now when I go to 'system updates' and select 'check new' it tells me there is 'no new software updates available' WTF!!
  24. gonzo143

gonzo143 Well-Known Member

Verizon Tech support had me reset and that didn't work. Connected me to Samsung and we did a hard re-boot and that didn't work either !