2.2 Update Problem

Last Updated:

1. KB42PAH

KB42PAH New Member This Topic's Starter

Just in the past 15 minutes my phone received an update for 2.2, I have had my phone unrooted for several days and still is. So, I pressed install now and it went straight to Clockwork Mod Recovery and nothing happened then said Installation aborted. On the website it is said to pop up every 30 minutes until installed anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement
  2. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

From what I understand this is normal if you have a custom recovery, SPR or clockwork it will block the OTA.

3. KB42PAH

So how do I uninstall Clockwork to get the update?

4. Kn1nJa

Kn1nJa Well-Known Member

5. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

If you flashed the .sbf file like I did to unroot, you would have stock recovery not Clockwork Mod recovery. I got the OTA last night with no problem.

6. Remo2v56

Remo2v56 New Member

I had my droid rooted but I was getting the OTA update to pop up. I was having some trouble with the ROM's and I couldn't quite get the rooted thing working for me. I unrooted it and got it back to 2.1-update1. but now I am not getting the popup for the OTA. Is there something wrong? Did I lose out on the 2.2 OTA and have to force it. Thanks for your help.

Remo2V56

7. KB42PAH

I used easy root, the whole rooting, installing rooms, flashing, overclocking etc I'm really not good with. But, once I remove Clockwork I will probably have to force the 2.2 update I'm assuming?