2.2 update

Last Updated:

1. tracyb1

tracyb1 New Member This Topic's Starter

how do i place a file from my laptop to the root of my sd card? i am computer illiterate so please speak like i know nothing! lol i have already downloaded the file to my laptop. thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Plug your phone into your computer, depending on your phone you'll either get a pop up prompting you to select usb mass storage, charge only, and possibly some other options. If you don't get a pop up, swipe your notifications down and select the notification that appeared. Select USB Mass Storage. The SD Card wil show up on your computer, most likely called "NO NAME". Double click on it. Place your file there. The root of your sd card just means not within any folders in the sd card. I hope this was step by step enough. :)

3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums! Your question would be best directed at your phones sub-forum, but attach your phone to your laptop via USB, a notification will appear on your phone that says USB attached, you press on that and then mount your SD card, next on your computer, it will pop up and say view edit files or something like that, click on it. Now all you have to do is drag it from your computer to the SD card. Next, get back on your phone and unmount it from your computer. And your all done.

4. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

its just you sd card and not in and folders

easier than you think

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome To Android Forums! :)