• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.2 Update

I had problems following update to 2.2 with android processes failing and HTC fixed it. On return yesterday I found that the latest update was ready (2.33.161.2) and so downloaded it straight away. I now find that emails stay on the phone even when taken off the server by my PC. This leaves a mix of emails on the phone - if the phone syncs with the server before the PC it goes on the phone. If the PC gets to the server first then the phone knows nothing about it.

Before repair the phone would drop emails once they had been taken off the server - a far more civilised aproach!

I recall others complained when the posts were taken off the phone when they came off the server - why can't we have an option under settings?

Are others having this 'issue' since applying the 2.2 upgrade (2.33.161.2) or is this something else?

Hello

I have exactly the same problem. I upgraded with 2.33.161.2 and then, I had to delete the mails even if it was not in the server. Before, If it was not in the server, the mails automatically disappeared. Did you find the reason ? I didn't find anything to change something in the parameter!!
(sorry for my english)

Kangomomo

Upvote 0
Since installing 2.33.161.2 (from vodafone) I am having 2 new problems with Flash videos.
1) The picture freezes on all full screen videos but the sound continues (youtube, BBC iplayer, etc).
2) Most videos on the BBC news site crash the browser.

I have the browser set to
Enable Plugins: On demand
which used to stop the browser crashing when too many flash objects were on a page, but now it seems to crash when a single object is playing.

Anyone else having these problems or am I just lucky?

Any ideas how to fix this?

I understand not everyone is having flash problems, but if you are here is a workaround for the fullscreen freeze...
If you go full screen with your browser in portrait mode the video doesn't freeze.
However if you go fullscreen with the browser in landscape mode, the video freezes.
It seems to be an accelerometer problem? Any ideas how to fix this?

I am still getting browser crashes on most flash videos on the BBC news sites. Does anyone know if this update shipped with an older version of flash?

Upvote 0
Hi,

I took the latest update yesterday and now I find that my Desire won't charge - either from the USB cable (HTC) or via either of my wall chargers/docking station. How strange? I haven't changed anything else. The phone takes the power and the red LED comes on but it doesn't charge - the battery indicator stays static.

Anyone any ideas????
Thanks,
Howard
:eek:

Had the same problem with my HTC Desire along with few other issues, turns out it's corrupted software. Reloading the software seemed to sort this out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones