2.2 upgrade made my camera worse... among other things tooSupport

Last Updated:

1. mani4kal

mani4kal New Member This Topic's Starter

The 2.2 upgrade is obviously controversial. It drains my battery, opens random apps for no reason, my typing now lags, and the camera quality got worse.

Did anyone else notice their camera on an Incredible (or others) get more blurry and darker? I also noticed that my video camera is not smooth when recording. When I record videos its really choppy. I played with the settings and it did not fix it.

Although the update did come with some cool additions I want my phone to function the way it is supposed to... and above all... have battery life IN ORDER to function. lol

I read about some patches coming out but who knows how long that is going to take. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to fix it? and how?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Moved thread to the support section

3. blacknsb

blacknsb Well-Known Member

I pretty much have had the same issues. Now more of the pictures I take come out blurred and the overall quality has diminished. Web surfing on certain sites is very slow and sometimes will just stall when it used to be extremely fast. Their are many things that I really enjoy about the froyo update but these issues make it suck.

4. brock915

brock915 Member

I have also noticed the same issue with the camera. I noticed while viewing a picture in full screen on the phone that was taken with the phone, if you do just a slight zoom everything sharpens up. Maybe an issue with the preview or viewer. I have also noticed that more pics are just out of focus though and if using the flash the pics look very bright and washed out.

5. vasilator

vasilator Well-Known Member

Had same issues but good luck getting any help now that you are moved to the Support section.

6. xmirage2kx

xmirage2kx Member

I had overwhelmingly good things to say about the upgrade. Massive battery life improvment, camera/video works great, only 2 real issues: random ringtones (fixed after 2 factory resets) and the extra junk bloatware vzw installed. I am gonna guess that the issues with 2.2 are coming from an app that has been installed.

7. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member

I have a lot of complaints about 2.2 but the camera (slow charging and battery depleting when using GPS in car while plugged in...), for me, is actually much better.

With 2.1 I always had a hard time taking pictures by just pressing the screen for a couple seconds after it auto-focuses. 2.2 made is much easier and quicker using screen pressing. Maybe I'm just better at it now, but I think it is more responsive with 2.2.

8. Rmarini21

Rmarini21 Member

I'm having most of these issues. My biggest problem is batt life is a lot shorter with the 2.2 upgrade. Also Handcent works way slower.