2.2 Ver won't recognize 5 ghz N Band WiFiSupport

Last Updated:

1. cpiad

cpiad New Member This Topic's Starter

Installed latest 2.2 version of OS ... it will not recognize my N band wifi signal. I did add the 5 ghz SSID and CORRECT WPA security password ... phone still does not recognize the N band. I tried rebooting .. tried re-entering N band data ... nothing ... tried rebooting nothing ..:mad:

Has anyone connected with their N band wifi radio/router? If so .. can you post the secret handshake ... ?:confused:

Thank you inadvance ...

Advertisement
  2. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member

/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START

:-D

I didn't think the chip was enabled for 2.2 and the 5ghz band. A little google work shows that you're not the only one. Mine works on the crappy 2.4ghz, but that's exactly the reason for 5 ghz.

Man, do you remember when 2.4 was supposed to alleviate all our problems? lol

3. kenshinxl

kenshinxl Member

The Incredible is NOT dual band. It only uses 2.4ghz. Currently there are no dual-band Android phones, although the new Samsung Tab should have it. So if you router is a dual-band N router, use your 2.4ghz SSID.

The only benefits of 5ghz is that it is less crowded, but the range is less compared to 2.4ghz.