2.2 voice searchSupport

Last Updated:

1. asfastpitch2009

asfastpitch2009 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

def. doesn't work in this version. when saying " send text to.." does not recognize your voice at all, or can not find contact.

Advertisement
  2. quietguy

quietguy Active Member

I think I read somewhere that the contact has to be in your gmail aaccount, otherwise, it will not work.

set alarm works but you will need to update the clock app.

3. Travisimo

Travisimo Well-Known Member

It's working for me, but it's definitely not the best voice recognition. I've had it understand a few of my contacts, but with others, it just looks the words instead of opening the messaging client.

On the other hand, it's pretty much worthless to me anyway because you can't have it use Google Voice as the text messaging client anyway... it uses the stock messaging client and there are no settings to change it. You would think since they are both Google products, it would integrate with Google Voice, no? :rolleyes:

4. Travisimo

Yeah, but when I click on the link to download the new clock, I just get a message saying:

"The clock app update is currently unavailable. Our team is actively working on a solution so that the 'set alarm' voice action can be used. Thanks so much for your patience."

I guess Voice Search is DOA for me. No Google Voice for texting and no update for the clock. lol

5. quietguy

quietguy Active Member

on a different subject, google voice search does support other language now, which is cool/\.

6. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

If you are disappointed in the google app, make sure you check out Vlingo. It use to be a paid app, but is free now. I used it a few days prior to getting 2.2 and really like it.

7. Travisimo

Yeah, Vlingo is pretty nice. Unfortunately, it too cannot use Google Voice for text messaging. How hard can this be when I can set Google Voice as my default messaging client when clicking on Text Message from Contacts? :(

8. stevez444

stevez444 Well-Known Member

I've been looking forward to Google Voice Actions when I get Froyo. Here's a link...

Voice Actions for Android

I like to voice call when driving.

Is this what you all are using?

9. omshivashankara

omshivashankara Well-Known Member

I was having the same issue on my Droid Incr. with 2.2 and found I had to export my contacts on my phone onto the SD card, drag to desktop, import into gmail, and then all worked perfectly. Only occasional voice recognition issues.

Is there an easier way to sync phone with gmail contacts?

10. JayCizzo

JayCizzo Well-Known Member

Not sure this will help but I read in another thread that you need to go to the Market and install the newest Google Search from there. It's not included in the Froyo update. Seems to work pretty well. The only issue I'm having is if I say "Play artist" it brings up Pandora instead of the stock music app.

11. EinZtein

EinZtein Well-Known Member

You can set any app that's on your phone to be the default for any action taken by your phone. Sounds like this is more of a setup problem than anything.