2.2 with sense?

Last Updated:

1. sihaworth

sihaworth Member This Topic's Starter

I think I've read on the thread about the Froyo 2.2 release, that a rom has been leaked that will work with Sense on the Desire? Has anyone got any links/guides to getting this to work?

Secondly, I've currently got my phone debranded but this has led to my wifi being disabled since the last firmware update, I know I'll have to root my phone to install the 2.2 rom but will this then mean I will have to input the network code as that's what I was told would need to happen if I was to reflash my phone with the unbranded rom again.

Sorry if that's abit garbled, any help much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Kryten2k35

Kryten2k35 Well-Known Member

Once unlocked you will not have to enter the code again.

3. heffa

heffa Active Member

I went with Telstra on a AU$79 plan. Turns out they have a 3 months exclusive deal for the Desire, so not many options. Telstra mobile is actually pretty good (although their landline network would make a caveman laugh)

4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Go careful with the sense version as its not supposed to be that stable at the moment, check through the threads on xda developers regarding that version then make your decision.

5. Stretlow

Stretlow Well-Known Member

I've Been running it since Friday its got a couple of.minor bugs.with the camera but thats it.

The browser is much quicker and the car mode is superb.

6. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Looking forward to getting the froyo 2.2, but waiting for htc at the moment unless a dead stable version gets released from xda.

7. sihaworth

sihaworth Member This Topic's Starter

Hm in that case I may just stick to a vanilla 2.2, until maybe a few more of the bugs have been ironed out.

Thanks guys :) As helpful as ever on here :D