2.29.405.2 - everyone please read

Last Updated:

1. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Right, to stop more silly threads about people having issues with the new OTA please read - and UNDERSTAND - the following

*** You CANNOT apply the OTA update to a rooted Desire without causing a number of issues ***

*** You CANNOT apply the OTA AT ALL to a custom ROM ***

*** If you are running the stock 2.10.405.2 ROM but had to use a gold card to debrand you MUST use the gold card again for this - and ALL - update ***

Please ignore the OTA notification and turn off the auto-checking

It's not hard to understand, really. If you're completely stock you can apply this and you shouldn't have any issues

Advertisement
    EarlyMon, Diab, alekos and 4 others like this.
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Thanks Eddy. This definitely needed to be said.

3. bad3gakk

bad3gakk Member

...but is there a way to upgrade anyway?

I followed your a2sd+ guide, and added the battery mod + a few more (on 2.10.405.2)

4. EddyOS

Not without causing issues on the phone

5. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

Great post!! :)

6. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

glad youve posted this, it was starting to make me boil aswell

thing is some people seem to think this update is gingerbread :/

7. EddyOS

Yeah, been warned by mods for flaming someone on that one ;)

8. Rastaman-FB

mods need to wakeup and make stickies and help us help the community then.
    they only seem to step in to tell us off or move a post into the wrong section rather than do stuff beneficial

obviously thats not all mods and is a generalisation but in most instances its true

9. SUroot

You'd need a different custom.Rom. maybe leedroid. Why upgrade though? What do you. Think you're missing?

10. bad3gakk

bad3gakk Member

11. EddyOS

You flash as you would any other ROM

Now stop spamming my thread :p

12. gmanca

gmanca New Member

Hello,
    I have an unrooted/debranded stock Desire: I installed 2 previous OTA updates without any problem at all:
    with 2.29.405.2 WiFi doesn't work (it connects to the network only when I reset the router).
    I tried to install the update using a gold card, but I still have the same problem.
    I did not debrand the phone by the way, i bought it debranded:
    what should I do?
    Thanks,
    GM

13. EddyOS

You need to manually reflash the OTA update (link is on here somewhere) using your gold card. In future leave your gold card in your phone (or make your day to day SD card your gold card)

14. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Well-Known Member

Would it not clarify the issue even further to point out that any updates on custom roms are up to the Devs?

15. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Not sure if everyone is aware of this but there is 'global stickies' in every phone section, your guys is here: http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/162784-htc-desire-guide-updated-20-05-est-oct-5-2010-a.html
    You can PM any mod (or guide) and suggest something be added there. If this is worth it(and you guys agree) we can add this thread to it.
    While the 'global' does have close to 10,000 views i personally feel it would be used more if the title was changed... just saying
    Well it does state in the Zero Tolerance Policy that we as users should not be answering questions by saying 'Google it' or 'use the search'
    Either help a noob out or ignore them... either one
    Thats what i try to tell people anyway;)

16. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Might be an overkilled since NighAngel responded but I want to put my $0.02 in this.

Rastman, I'm not sure if you know but AF has implemented a Global Sticky Standard across all phone forums a couple of months back. You might have seen this thread that contains links to all of the threads that were stickied before. If you feel that this is warranted, please message a Moderator or Guide and we will include your recommended thread in the universal sticky.

I'm sorry that you feel this way about how things have been done here. The Moderators and Guides here are limited compared to the number of members on AndroidForums and the amount of threads generated. We try to do our best to make AF as enjoyable for everyone as possible. We are unable to read every single thread generated and get to every single problem that exists.

That is why we tell our members if there's something they find that crosses our Rules/Guideline to use the Report button and report it to us. If you want a thread moved or anything, simply report it and one of us will look into it. We prefer that you OVER report than not report at all. Though some might not feel this way and we are unable to please all. When you signed up on AndroidForums, you agreed to follow the requirements set out in the Site Rules/Guidelines. You might consider us power hungry or banned/infraction happy but that is not the case. We are just fulfilling our duty and carrying out what's in the Site Rules/Guidelines.

I hope you know that this is something Moderators and Guides do freely on our own time because we love Android and this community. Also keep in mind that we are human too and DO make mistakes; no one is perfect, and that includes us. If you feel that a thread has been moved to the wrong place, just report it and we will move it to the proper forum.

Kind Regards,
    -Roze-
    Your friendly neighbourhood moderator

NightAngel79 likes this.
  17. burnt_toast

burnt_toast Well-Known Member

I have my gold card in, it's been there since the 2 previous update, but the OTA still gave me the same triangle problem... Any ideas?

18. EddyOS

Are you rooted? If so, see point 1

The only other thing you can try is to manually download the OTA and flash it manually (I don't have a link for the new OTA btw)

19. yenrod

yenrod Well-Known Member

WIThout wanting to be arrogant but this is quite obvious really...if you've rooted your phone then...you've effectively voided the warranty and ANY ORIGINAL software that's on the device to start...soo;

Why the stupid questions ?

20. Rastaman-FB

point?
    i dont get it

21. burnt_toast

burnt_toast Well-Known Member

no i am not rooted...

22. Rastaman-FB

the pb99img.zip for it can be found here
    ftp://shipped-roms.com/Bravo
    will wipe the device

btw how much space do you have on your device?

23. rua

rua Member

i have/had rooted desire(2.10.405.2)saw upgrade (2.29.405.2)for phone would`nt install,(failed to verify whole file signature-ASTRO did`nt work?)d/loaded full 2.29.RUU to computer,connect USB in charge mode-10 mins.later on phone which is no longer rooted.is this any good.

24. Loupgorou

Loupgorou New Member

This might sound off topic and I apologize for it, but, what is a gold card???

25. SUroot

It is a special sd card that spoofs the carrier id set on branded phones, allowing non branded roms to be installed on branded phones