Last Updated:

1. spinz78

spinz78 Member This Topic's Starter

I got my message in India, 2.29.405.2 update available :)

M updating

Advertisement
    AceMathias likes this.
  2. Chemical Al

Chemical Al Active Member

Yep I got this in UK today, just updating now :)

3. mvh

mvh Well-Known Member

Same in Belgium. Haven't noticed any real difference yet.

4. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Had this since the RUU was leaked the other month, runs fine. Few app updates but that's about it. Oh, and new radio

5. yenrod

yenrod Well-Known Member

Mines updating now, I hope the radio works better..the current vers. is lousy...Samsungs are great tho' ! for reception...

6. Village Guy

Village Guy Member

Just did the 2.29.405.2 update on my HTC Desire this morning and it has broken the ability to watch news feeds on the BBC web site:eek:

I have tried three times and in every case internet explorer hangs after a few seconds of video. Thereafter a full reboot is required to use internet explorer again:mad:

Does anyone know if it is possible to revert to the earlier release?

7. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

You could just flash the 2.10.405.2 RUU if you wanted to go back - I, personally, have had no issues using Flash on the BBC website. Bit I always flash from RUU and set my phone up again as opposed to using an OTA (yes, I lose data but at least I know it works). If you were going to lose all data going back to 2.10.405.2 you may as well download the 2.29.405.2 RUU and flash that instead

8. aardys

aardys Well-Known Member

Is this gingerbread update ?

9. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

To answer the question, no this isn't Gingerbread. If it was there'd be a LOT more hype about it

10. Village Guy

Village Guy Member

Did you watch it via WiFi as this is my failure mode? and do you know where I can find the files?

Thanks

11. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

2.29.405.2 RUU

Shipped ROMs

2.10.405.2 RUU

Shipped ROMs

Yes, I watch over Wi-Fi as it doesn't work over 3G at all anyway

Village Guy likes this.
  12. deanshep85

deanshep85 Well-Known Member

it was said this is an update on 2.2 NOT gingerbread..

see this is what im worried about....I think im gonna happily sit on the previous update..

I mean OTHER than radio which I dont actually use and havent on a phone or...well...even a stereo for years actually...is there any OBVIOUS updates?

13. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

The radio isn't as in FM radio, it's as in drivers that link Android to the hardware. Newer radios give better battery life, iron out bugs in I/O, etc

14. deanshep85

deanshep85 Well-Known Member

ah my bad...just the way radio was mentioned above in the post made me think the FM one lol....nevermind...

yea but was there really anything wrong with the previous version? I mean I've never had any issues with it...any issues I've had has been software I've installed not the phone itself.....apart from vodafone terrible service when it comes to tethering and not seeing the phone properly and MOBILE sites coming up on my laptop NOT full internet ones..

15. Village Guy

Village Guy Member

Factory reset and my Desire still hangs after playing 2-3 seconds of video:mad:

Lets see how good HTC support is..............

16. riki1kenobi

riki1kenobi Well-Known Member

Wonder IF this update is a requirement BEFORE the Gingerbread update? You know, laying the groundwork for a pretty major update.......

17. c0d3w4lk3r

c0d3w4lk3r Active Member

I was about to ask the same thing. I guess nobody will be able to answer this question. Time will tell. Not installing the update right now as I will probably have to re-root the device...

18. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

OK, lets get 1 thing straight here...

Gingerbread will first be released for the Nexus One. This hasn't happened yet. Once released on the N1, other OEMs will then get the code and tweak it with their own UI and then release for unbranded handsets. This will probably be a couple of months AFTER the N1. Then operators will tweak it again and release it for their handsets. Again, this will probably be a couple of months on top of that

There's going to be a LONG wait for Gingerbread, assuming we ever get it at all.

19. riki1kenobi

riki1kenobi Well-Known Member

Fyi, it is actually the Nexus S and NOT the N1 that will be first to arrive with Gingerbread, the N1 will get it along with all other relevant devices but only AFTER the S is on sale!

It is already out on a few test devices (the S and the SE Zeus - aka PSP Phone) to name but two so you might want to update your info ;)

20. ryepie

ryepie New Member

21. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm aware of my mistake - keep forgetting Google have decided to go with Samsung for the next Nexus handset (massive fail IMO). It's also just popped up within the hour on XDA that Gingerbread has been released but as I'm at work I don't sit on my PC all day so missed the news.

22. Juint

Juint Active Member

Just updated....should I factory reset after updates or should it be good to go?

23. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

You can if you don't mind setting the phone up again from scratch but you shuld be good to go as you are

24. Baz8755

Baz8755 Well-Known Member

With the exception of VillageGuy has anyone else seen any problems with Flash sites (especially BBC)?

Cheers

Baz

25. Village Guy

Village Guy Member

HTC are taking the matter very seriously and are in the process of escalating the issue as they were unable to resolve the problem by performing a full 'crowbar' reset and a few other things. They appeared very concerned for what it is worth!