2.3.15/Tranquility Account settings problem

Last Updated:

1. travishamockery

travishamockery Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got a problem since I updated to the leaked 2.3.15 and installed Tranquility. When I go into settings and accounts, I can't add any new accounts and I also can't remove the facebook one that is there. When I click add, it just backs out to the main settings screen and when I go to remove facebook it tells me an error has occurred, try again.

Any ideas out there?

Advertisement
  2. droid_freak

droid_freak Well-Known Member

Which version of Tranquility did you install? I updated to the 2.3.15 and Tranq 2.3.5 have had no issues. May want to try reinstalling tranq.

3. travishamockery

That's the one I'm on actually. Went from original leak of 2.2 to 2.3.15 and then tranq 2.3.5. Since then it's been hosed. Been getting duplicate SMS as well. As we speak i'm sbf'ing to go back to 2.3.15 w/o tranquility to see if it happens that way as well.

4. droid_freak

The dbl sms is a moto problem. If you either move Converstations.apk to your sdcard or computer for safe storage it will stop the dbl text. However you can no longer add accounts so add them in advance of doing this. Or you just have to keep moving the Converstations.apk back to /system/app.

travishamockery likes this.
  5. travishamockery

Just solved all my problems there dude. I had a suspicion that was causing it, so I used titanium backup to freeze that file. I stopped getting the double sms but couldn't add accounts, now I know what all my problems were caused by. Thanks for talking this one out with me haha.

Now to figure out why I'm in a bootloop after sbf'ing from tranquility 2.3.5. ugh.

*edit* forgot to wipe cache, solved that problem too, long day. thanks again dude.

6. travishamockery

actually one more question for you, does removing that conversations.apk affect sending mms messages? I noticed freezing what I thought was correct, I no longer could send MMS messages. Wondering if this affects that also, if it doesn't, then I can just go back to my old backup.

droid_freak likes this.
  7. droid_freak

Doesn't look like I can send MMS either, so much for that idea. Thanks for the catch on that.

8. travishamockery

I'm still going with your fix. Much easier to just unfreeze and freeze that apk as I need to keep the dupe sms from happening. I'll just unfreeze it whenever I need to send a pic, which isn't all that often anyway.