2.3.3 and SyncMyPix

1. bminus10

bminus10 New Member

Does this app still work? Or any other way to import profile pictures from Facebook (I don't really care about numbers/random contacts)? Or did this update completely break the feature altogether?

Advertisement
    :
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I am wondering the same thing before I update. I need my pictures to sync if nothing else, as much as I would like nothing to change :(
  3. thedynamix

thedynamix Active Member

Yes, of course it does :).
  4. dbairduk

dbairduk Member

Nothing syncs
  5. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I know this is a Facebook syncing issue/change...

But what actually happens to the contacts list? No pictures?
  6. chrlswltrs

Any contact info that was imported from Facebook (phone numbers, birthdays, etc) will no longer be on your contact list, plus no pictures from Facebook. I'm really, really disappointed by this as a lot of my contact info and most of my pictures come from Facebook :(
    MartinS likes this.
  7. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Yep - it's rubbish. At least Sync My Pix is working.
  8. dbairduk

dbairduk Member

it's only for the Nexus s too. I am going to sell mine next month and buy a Galaxy S2. I really can't see samsung and htc etc allowing this when they release their 2.3 updates.
    It even works in the nexus as it was an advertised feature of the phone.

I hardly use facebook its self but the contact sync to get the pictures and replace with peoples full names was a requirement for me when I chose the Nexus s. It is now effectively not the same product I initially purchased.
  9. chrlswltrs

Just so everyone knows CyanogenMod 7 with 2.3.3 on the Nexus S, everything still syncs just fine like nothing ever changed. I LOVE CM7!!!