• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.3.340 Findings/Fixes....

You need to get z4root.1.1.0.apk and use it. I tried z4root.1.3.0.apk and it did not root my DX. Also, the process may take 10-15 minutes and make sure your DX is not connected to your PC. Wait until your phone reboots and you're good to go.

Camera now has a movable focus window.
Phone dialer app allows you to type the contact's name to find the number.
Better battery life.
still doesn't work...

Upvote 0
This is news to me!! Where do I toggle data off?

There is a simple way without an app. Turn on 3G Mobile hotspot. Then in settings, data manager, data delivery, toggle "Data Enabled" off, wait a few seconds, and then turn back on. You now have a mobile hotspot. It does violate TOS with verizon, but you don't get charged for it.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
If anyone had the slide lock screen activated before the update, are you now able to deactivate after the update? Or is it still a bug?

still cannot be completely turned off, no.

a serious pet peeve of mine was that the app drawer always returned to the top, and i always hit things when trying to scroll. it used to be that when you'd pull the drawer open again it would be where you left it, but something changed that and now it sticks again. yay!

can also confirm all around smoothness.

voice command still takes 5 days to open.

Upvote 0
I had an issue where if the screen rotated to horizontal in the stock media player (while playing) the phone would lockup (either temporarily or until a battery pull).

This seems to have been fixed.

This was pretty consistent, and I did find some reports in forums with others with the same issue (mostly Droid 2 users, however).

Upvote 0
There is a simple way without an app. Turn on 3G Mobile hotspot. Then in settings, data manager, data delivery, toggle "Data Enabled" off, wait a few seconds, and then turn back on. You now have a mobile hotspot. It does violate TOS with verizon, but you don't get charged for it.

Like I give a crap about Vzw TOS!
icon12.gif

Thanks for this!

Upvote 0
i have been playing around with things over here and it seems much improved. handshake is quick and seemingly reliable in all cases...have used wpa-psk/tkip, wpa2-psk in both aes and aes/tkip combo. this is on a trendnet access point in mixed g/n mode.

the real test will be to go back to 802.1x/radius authentication, which i have not done yet.

Upvote 0
EKyle, the first time I used Z4 (1.3.0) after the update it took it like an hour and a half to root. The second time I did it (accidentally reupdated the phone) it took about 15 seconds. I had to do a battery pull each time before it would work, it just hung the first time I tried it. And like Fabulous pointed out, I was in USB Debugging mode.

Upvote 0

Holy Smokes...and this was gonna be the only reason I would root for is to get the WiFi Hotspot...and now I don't have to. This is way cool.

So other than the spike in data usage - any other draw backs to using this workaround/flaw? Don't care about battery life as I would plug in as needed. VZ has to know about that bug yet they didn't plug it with .340 update(as I am running that too now).

.340 didn't resolve my Bluetooth issues either that I can tell...ie...listening to podcasts start back from the beginning when I reconnect in my vehicle. Major annoyance...My X gets so confused between the Stock Music Player(or Double Twist) when I use Google Listen(it remembers where I left off) as the music player starts regardless of the last app being Google Listen. Poop is all I can say.

Hoping the SD card issues are resolved as I am tired of rebooting to fix.

--Mickey

Upvote 0
As mentioned before, I noticed the phone vibrates differently now. Overall more responsive. I like the new dialer too. Gallery seems to work better.
Ok so I wasn't crazy when it seemed to rev up when it vibrated *phew*

Oh and I've been getting some random reboots but I'll give it benefit of the doubt and say the update is "settling in"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones