• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.3.340 Findings/Fixes....

Not entirely sure. All I know is that myself and a small minority can't root the phone after the update. Z4, dark onion‚ and the one that starts with a v as well as manual root don't work. I've already spent two days trying.

I just got the update yesterday morning, I was running factory installed 2.2 and had Z4root. I did not unroot before running the update. After the update I still had superuser in the app drawer, but no permissions granted. I ran Z4root and it hung for a long time (15 min), so I backed out and rebooted then tried again. I got a message with a download .zip file su-2.3.1-bin signed which went on my SD card. The message said to boot into recovery and run the update.zip.

Now, I didn't actually run the .zip file.....I just tried Z4root again and it took in about 30 seconds. I have no clue what the .zip file is, but I would be happy to email it to someone if they think it would be of help. Anyone else get the .zip download when reinstalling Z4root?

P.S. Since the update my battery is lasting a lot longer! off the charger for 13 hours and sitting at 90% ! I will have to see if it is a fluke or really better battery use.

Upvote 0
I'm not exactly sure what the issue is with ekyle and some of the others who have done the update and are trying everything, but not having any success in rooting. I mean it's a sticky dillema to be in forsure. After all you can't simply go down to your Verizon store and say, "something in the update broke my phone and now I CAN'T ROOT"!!!

They would probably look at you quite querely indeed. My guess is that they will have to either wait until someone finds another exploit to get past what ever barrier they have come across, or drop their phones in the toilet and hope their replacement phone doesn't have the same problem.

Upvote 0
I'm not exactly sure what the issue is with ekyle and some of the others who have done the update and are trying everything, but not having any success in rooting. I mean it's a sticky dillema to be in forsure. After all you can't simply go down to your Verizon store and say, "something in the update broke my phone and now I CAN'T ROOT"!!!

They would probably look at you quite querely indeed. My guess is that they will have to either wait until someone finds another exploit to get past what ever barrier they have come across, or drop their phones in the toilet and hope their replacement phone doesn't have the same problem.

I'm guessing that I'll be stuck waiting...I was going to try it again before I do my final tonight

Upvote 0
For z4 root 1.3.0. Make sure to download the one from droid-life.

Then reboot the phone, immediately settings - applications - accept applications from unknown sources and then click development - usb debugging.

Then go to z4root and run it. Permanent root.

I had to run it 3 times.

I tried after the update, and it was taking forever, so I found this thread.

Rebooted.... and ran Z4, said it was successful. It wasn't. None of my su apps would work.

Rebooted again, got on the usb cable, and ran it again, gave more output and rebooted the phone automatically.

I'm typically always on a "usb debug" setting. Seems to work, yay.

Upvote 0
Alright, so i was on the original leaked 2.2 with some modified build.prop. That was working decently, but when i would try connecting to my netgear router (g only, not even N) my Router would crash! seriously, the dx would crash my router.

So i sbf'd to the legit 2.2, then did the OTA 2.3.340 update. After the update, My DX no longer crashes my router! The wifi is still a bit spotty tho. Sometimes the dx wont automatically connect and i need to manually select my network, but hey, it's still an improvement!

I'm very happy with this update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones