2.3.4 - OS killing too many apps!Support

1. chenav

chenav Member

Ok, so first off, I'm actually a RAY user but I saw this forum is much more active, plus I think the OS is the same as in the arc so I'll try asking here.

Basically it seems like my phone is killing, on its own (I have no app killers or anything like that), apps like the dialer, contacts, messaging. So that everytime I want to open them after a "long" time without messaing, it takes a couple of seconds to reload that app. Same with the dialer and contacts.

I'm running 2.3.4 and think that might have something to do with it. Has anyone else noticed the same behavior? Know of a fix?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. chenav

chenav Member

Well I found a solution in the app "Auto Memory Manager" which allows me to whitelist apps/services that I don't want to be killed even when memory gets low.
    Still I'd rather have this option directly from the OS without adding a new app (which in itself takes up precious memory) so if someone has a different idea...
  3. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

From my understanding you will only be able to stop this using an application as it is operating exactly how the Android system is designed to by killing applications that have not been used in some time to free up memory.