2.3.5 Gingerbread vs.4.0 Ice creamTips

1. jarin12ga

jarin12ga Well-Known Member

What is the real difference?Can the warp be upgraded to a newer kernel?Is it worth the change between these two??

Advertisement
  2. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

As of right now no it can't. Yes you could flash any kernel you want. Would it be worth the change, yesss. But a lot of the roms we have on here make it seem like ics or 4.0. So I'm a ok.
  3. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

right, as of now we don't have an ics kernel or running ics (there is a port in progress, but it's stalled due to lack of developers available).

we do have several good roms though, mine (n00b ROM), wcs, shinjitsu and unitology to name a few. wcs is probably the closest to ics as far as look/feel go atm.
  4. jarin12ga

I played around with 4.0 ICS on different phones not much differents to me?All buttons lead to the same stuff!Besides the new home screens.Im still good with my warp!
  5. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member

ICS is a huge improvement over GB not stuff like home buttons and stuff but under the hood improvements
  6. jarin12ga

Your the expert.But just by playing around there is not much difference to me.But im sure to you there's a big difference with fine tuning it into something better?That's why you are the person that we ask questions to?
  7. StarScream2109

ICS has a lot of bug and permformance improvements over GB
  8. jarin12ga

Thanks apllostar,see what do I know???LOL!
  9. StarScream2109

No problem :) also forgot to mention ICS handles battery saving a lot better then GB
  10. jarin12ga

Oh yea, I saw that in the hydro feedback on utube.I thought it was just that phones special feature.WOW feel dumb.Im in blackberry land still LOL!It's probably close to just dimming out brightness and settings in 2.3 though?
  11. StarScream2109

4.0 handles sleep mode better then GB
  12. PattF

PattF Guest

ICS is old now too and was made mostly for tablets. 4.1(Jelly Bean) is where the magic happens on phones.
  13. xBabyfaceKingx

xBabyfaceKingx Well-Known Member

I have to disagree. Honeycomb (Android 3.0) was the OS made for tablets.
    ICS was made for tablets and phones equally as a next generation OS for Android for better performance and more features and a complete redesign of the OS itself. And I wouldn't say that ICS is old, considering that only about 10% of Android devices have ICS.

But yes I will agree with you on "Jelly Bean is where the magic happens" performance wise. Visually they don't look much different. Haven't tried it myself yet but I find myself drooling (not literally lol) over youtube videos just seeing the performance difference between ICS and JB.
  14. PattF

PattF Guest

Oops, I meant Honeycomb. I've been messing with Android since the beginning(still have my G1 too!). At this point I have trouble keeping up with names. ICS was made as a bridge from old code(2.x) to new code(3.0+) but ICS still has/had a lot of little issues on phones. That's why 4.1 got pushed out as quickly as it did. JB is what ICS should have been. They took an odd route and made a tablet OS in 3.0 and then later merged it with the phone OS instead of one project and they are just now getting it right and polishing it.

I have JB on my tablet and it really is about 20-30% faster than it was on ICS. I love it.
    Russ71 likes this.
  15. justtom

justtom Well-Known Member

PattF Thats exactly how it went down not many want to think that or know it.You sir hit the nail right on the head.
  16. DroidDoug2012

DroidDoug2012 Member

Just rooted my warp about a week ago! ICS vs GB is like night day. ICS is SO much better/stable! :smokingsomb:
  17. justtom

justtom Well-Known Member

You do not have Ics on your Warp!
  18. StarScream2109

There is no official ICS on the warp on jets warp cream sand which ROM
  19. DroidDoug2012

DroidDoug2012 Member

Yes, I do!! LMAO! CLOCKWORKMOD :smokingsomb:
  20. DroidDoug2012

DroidDoug2012 Member

I officially have ICS 4.0 on my ZTE WARP. Have had it about 2 weeks now. Figured out how to do it via this site & help from few others. LOL :D
  21. DroidDoug2012

DroidDoug2012 Member

It took half a freaking day to get it! LMAO Bout gave up! :rolleyes:
  22. DroidDoug2012

DroidDoug2012 Member

When you have a friend, who's been rooting/hacking about anything as far as electronics go for 8+ years now. LOL :D
  23. StarScream2109

Well please provide proof :) and share with the rest of the community
  24. DroidDoug2012

DroidDoug2012 Member

Give me a bit. I'll post a pic and it took a lot of work, trial/error...
    StarScream2109 likes this.
  25. StarScream2109

Can't wait to see bro :)
    Russ71 likes this.