2.3.6 Rooted - Debloated [CWM BACKUP]

1. Killah1994

Killah1994 Well-Known Member

This is just a Clockwork Mod Recovery back up of the official 2.3.6, This back up is rooted and debloated.

Apps Removed:
    Metro Navigator
    Metro 411
    Social+
    Metro PCS Easy Wifi
    My Metro
    Rhapsody
    Google Books
    PinYin Keyboard
    Think Free
    Metro Studio
    Google Korean Keyboard
    Visual Voicemail

Bloat Left -
    Metro App Store - In case you want to retrieve these apps back.

The root method used was kidallstar's root method,... it was the only root method that actually sticked. This Clockwork Mod Recovery back up of the official 2.3.6 is for those that requested it and for those who wants a stock os,clean & rooted.

Don't update superuser via playstore, because I dont know the after effects to the root

Instructions
    Code (Text):
    1. Extract Onto Desktop
    2. Transfer CWM Back Up
    3. - 2013-02-03.20.21.30 Onto SD-CARD
    4. In /clockworkmod/recovery
    6. CWM RECOVERY 5.0.2.7
    7. Boot Into Recovery
    8. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    9. Mounts & Storage
    10. Format System
    11. Advanced
    12. Backup & Restore
    13. Restore
    14. Locate
    15. 2013-02-03.20.21.30
    16. Reboot System
    Download Link:
    2.3.6-Rooted-BloatFree-BackUp-2013

I know that theres alot of these threads floating around the admire section but this was requested, And those who made these backups didn't root it, They just debloated it. This root is as stable for me as can be. Hope this backup made your day or some shyte.:rolleyes:

Advertisement
    :
    wanako1, hLoW, KarYar and 1 other person like this.
  2. KervinMoreno

KervinMoreno Well-Known Member

Which version of Cwm did you use for this backup?
  3. Killah1994

4. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

I am about to try this. May I ask why this is 218MB??

edit: stupid question.... this is a cwm backup...
  5. SacredBloodlin

SacredBloodlin Well-Known Member

So, this cannot be used on 5.0.2.8? I really don't want to downgrade so if not then I will stick to what I have been using thus far, lol. I am using, at the moment, Killcmd's 2.3.6 that was posted the other day but I am having issues trying to get Superuser to work so I can debloat it, I am wondering if the root didn't stick for some reason.
  6. KageBeast

KageBeast Well-Known Member

Ok not to be captain obvious but it should be obvious 2.3.6 is a stock rom that wouldnt work with cwm .2.8 that supports ext 4 and overclocking and blah blah blah blah
  7. SacredBloodlin

SacredBloodlin Well-Known Member

Yeah, I kinda figured, but how did I install Killcmd's 2.3.6 yesterday with no issues on 5.0.2.8? Only problem I ran into was Superuser keeps FCing and I can't run any debloating apps or anything that asks for SU. Oh well, I guess I'll go with something else then
  8. RDTatel

RDTatel Member

Nice, i will try it, i was looking for this
  9. KervinMoreno

KervinMoreno Well-Known Member

This backup made my day.
  10. Killah1994

Heyyy he said it .!!!! :D
  11. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

Knew I would need this one day ;)
    Killah1994 likes this.
  12. mai8ko

mai8ko Well-Known Member

I tried this backup for my girl's admire, but kept getting this annoying notification that the original user's account can't be sync'd. Then when I tried to remove that account (after adding my girl's account) it said that the only way that the original user's account could be removed was by doing a factory reset. I assumed that a factory reset would screw around with the root and maybe some of the system apps, so I just installed the "stock++ 2.3.6" rom. I'd still rather use this one for her if there is a safe way to remove the original user's gmail account... simply because she's new to android and won't notice the difference in speed (stock kernel vs. req's 900 kernel) and I think that she would prefer a longer battery life as well. If you have a work-around for this, it would be AWESOME! I figured this rom would best suit her needs as a new android user. (w/o the BS apps. I'll prolly also remove a few more BS apps for her, considering that this stock rom is rooted!) Don't get me wrong, the stock++ is dope, but I already had her complain a coupla times about having to charge the battery too often. I KNOW she woudn't put up with the constant "unable to sync" notification for very long!
  13. KageBeast

Random fact : A factory reset doesn't affect or remove root since it only deletes data and apps
  14. mai8ko

mai8ko Well-Known Member

Thanks man, I'll give it another go then.
  15. mai8ko

mai8ko Well-Known Member

No good. Did the restore of the backup, then ran factory reset: it undid the root. I installed superuser from the play store and then tried to run link2sd. It didn't recognize any root.
  16. mai8ko

mai8ko Well-Known Member

Hold on, I'll try the "superuser update fixer" app and see what happens...
  17. mai8ko

mai8ko Well-Known Member

Nope, that doesn't recognize root either. Any ideas?
  18. KageBeast

mai8ko likes this.
  19. mai8ko

mai8ko Well-Known Member

Sweet, I'll give it a day in court tonight and let you know how it went.
  20. Killah1994

Since there is a problem with the account issue I will remake this backup without the account
    mai8ko likes this.
  21. mai8ko

mai8ko Well-Known Member

KB, thanks a lot dood. The backup on that link worked like a charm. Stock kernel, 2.3.6, debloated, and rooted. Link2sd recognized the root as well. Got rid of some other bulk apps as well via L2SD, but the most important thing is that she's got a simple rom with better battery life that she can be happy with. She's got my old admire now, cuz I just upgraded to the motion. I was running OA, which is an awesome rom for so many reasons, (that rom really pushes the envelope for this phone as far as range of features goes, IMO) but she wouldn't even know where to start utilizing those features! She's fresh to android, coming from the freeform, so I felt this one would be perfect for her. Thanks again, and thankyou to Killah for starting this thread!
  22. mai8ko

mai8ko Well-Known Member

SHYTE! She's starting to get "error" messages from play store and from google talk authentication from the backup on that link, KB! I wiped everything before restoring it, I'll give it one more go and if it doesn't work out I'mma have to just go to stock for her and de-bloat it myself. Which I hate doing, cuz It's unclear as to what's removable and what's not (some people receiving "error" messages after removing certain apps, some not). Unless... any luck on the update (w/o original user account) on the backup from this thread, Killah??
  23. KageBeast

Well that 's weird. I used that backup a lot and never had any issues at all with it. And you can remove just about all metro apps and the little extra stuff. You will get an error if you try to remove my metro or something but a reboot will fix it as I had the same problem.
  24. mai8ko

mai8ko Well-Known Member

I recovered the backup from the link you posted one last time, and made absolute, positively, sure that I wiped everything and even formatted everything as well. (even though I've read that that's redundant cuz apparently wiping formats as well--but just to safe!) There's no error message for now, but then again there weren't any when I originally did the restore of the backup. That is not until after about a week of running the rom. I got my eyes open, I'll let you know the outcome in a week or so.;)
  25. Killah1994

I updated the link.... and op
    should be good now