• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.3.6 Rooted - Debloated [CWM BACKUP]

Sorry, couldn't wait a week! I'm gonna restore this one on her phone tonight. It's a bit more de-bloated than Diego's backup, not to mention more current. Plus, nothing against Diego, but I know Killah knows his $#!t, judging from the looks of "killahbean" recently. I got my fingers crossed on this backup! I'm tired of hearing her say the admire sux, when I know it's not the phone, it's what I been unsuccessfully trying to put on it!--which is basically just a debloated stock 2.3.6. Root is really just a means to the solution, since she doesn't really care about what extra features that root brings with it. Nonetheless, I'm excited to give this a whirl!

Upvote 0
Sorry, couldn't wait a week! I'm gonna restore this one on her phone tonight. It's a bit more de-bloated than Diego's backup, not to mention more current. Plus, nothing against Diego, but I know Killah knows his $#!t, judging from the looks of "killahbean" recently. I got my fingers crossed on this backup! I'm tired of hearing her say the admire sux, when I know it's not the phone, it's what I been unsuccessfully trying to put on it!--which is basically just a debloated stock 2.3.6. Root is really just a means to the solution, since she doesn't really care about what extra features that root brings with it. Nonetheless, I'm excited to give this a whirl!

Eh i mean it doesn't matter which one is current or old since they're both a backup of the same stock rom buttt to each his own! I mean I'd just install OA rfs version on the phone and stick with that.

Upvote 0
In /clockworkmod/recovery -- I don't find this file path in my sd card, do I just create it or should it be there?

CWM RECOVERY 5.0.2.7
Boot Into Recovery -- Aside from booting into CWM "backbutton and down vol key" is booting into recovery something different?

Sorry for having you super dumbing it down for me.

Thanks

Upvote 0
In /clockworkmod/recovery -- I don't find this file path in my sd card, do I just create it or should it be there?

CWM RECOVERY 5.0.2.7
Boot Into Recovery -- Aside from booting into CWM "backbutton and down vol key" is booting into recovery something different?

Sorry for having you super dumbing it down for me.

Thanks

If you have cwm recovery installed it should be there.... and by the way have you ever created a backup from cwm recovery

Upvote 0
I have CWM installed but I've never done a backup, could that be the reason I don't have the file path?

I just installed CWM 5.0.2.7 this weekend and still trying to wrap my head around it.

That's the reason why you don't have the cwm folder, yup .. just make a folder in the root of your sdcard ... clockworkmod/backup - then follow the instructions and you should be swell ;)

Reactions: KarYar
Upvote 0
No dice, I'm getting the ol' "google talk authentication failed" notification. I give up, she's just gonna have to deal with the bloat, or I'll try to debloat myself. Thanks for the help anyway dudes:cool:.

EDIT: I re-did the restore for a what-the-hell shot, and it seems to be working fine now... Maybe I screwed something up on my first attempt to recover this updated backup. I'll keep you posted on it, but I won't bother you guys anymore on this matter. If it don't work on this what-the-hell shot, then I'll REALLY give up. For now; so far so good!

Upvote 0
WOOHOO !! F#%^&ing AWESOME!!! .................. I can't thank you enought for the sweet hookup bro!! Backup help, DE-bloat, & Root ... all in one.

What would you recommend installing Busybox and TIBU? I'll like to unsinstall acouple more things as long as it doesn't wipe out the root?

NP ;) installing TIBU & Busybox shouldn't take away root.... just please don't remove Google apps that are installed and also don't remove superuser or it will break root

Upvote 0
Killah1994 : Continues to pop "Google Talk Authenication", "confirm chat service is enabled".

Noticed my wifi and signal strenght indicator never turns green.

Can't download anything from the Play Store message RPC:S-5:AEC-01

I had this problem before. Try going to manage applications and clear data for google play store and google services framework then reboot. P.S. google is your friend.

Reactions: mai8ko and KarYar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones