2.3 for Hero?Support

Last Updated:

1. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Former Hero user here and have switched to Eco. Had the Hero sitting around until I just activated it today for my gf. After I activated it I got a message for a update which I did. After it was done I got a message saying "congratulations you have updated to 2.3xxxx". I dont remember the whole number. It's been a long time since I've been on the Hero forum but what's the deal with this update and what's the name?

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Thread moved to the Sprint Hero section.

3. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

It's not OS 2.3, probably the 2.31.651.7 maintenance update. Go to Settings>About Phone>Software Information. The OS is first, Firmware Version, probably 2.1.

4. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

YUP - jen is 1000% correct!

Got rid of the lag and briefly made it harder to root!
    : )

5. Wild1z

Wild1z New Member

New here to the forum but I have read your many posts Mahalo. I had to chuckle when I read the word "briefly" because I know it probably took you like 4 seconds to figure it out. :) I just put the FroYo 2.2 - CM6 on mine, what a difference that made. Thanks for all you do on the forums. :)

Anyhoo, enough of the thread hijacking. When I read 2.3 I was like, Alright! Then I read up and saw this is not the big leap. Oh well.

Cheers.