1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

2.3 gingerbread on galaxy prevail i dont now if its some one to try an then tell us if worksGeneral

1. juanponce

juanponce New Member

2.3.4 - Internet Service Provider
    by Samsung Galaxy Prevail™ on Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 4:01pm

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail owners may also want to keep their smartphones up-to-date. So we thought of giving you a tutorial of how to upgrade Samsung Galaxy Prevail to Android 2.3.4.
    But prior to telling you how to install Android 2.3.4 on Samsung Galaxy Prevail, let’s see what do you want in order to be able to perform the installation. You will have to download 2.3.4 Samsung Galaxy Prevail port. You will also have to root your Samsung Galaxy Prevail to prepare it for Android 2.3.4 upgrade. Discover how to root Samsung Galaxy Prevail and install Android 2.3.4 from here.
    Here are the download links of the files you want to updatre Samsung Galaxy Prevail to Android 2.3.4
    Just before beginning to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Prevail to Android 2.3.4 don’t forget to backup your information, as contacts, text messages and the apps installed from Android Marketplace Location who may be lost when the installation finishes.
    Now let’s see how to update Samsung Galaxy Prevail to Android 2.3.4 :

1. Install the ROM Manager on your Samsung Galaxy Prevail. Get it from Android Marketplace Location, then install the clockwork mod recovery.

2. Connect your Samsung Galaxy Prevail to your PC employing the USB information cable. Copy the “hc_NS_test-8.1.zip” file you downloaded to the SD memory card.

3. Restart your device in the recovery mode using ROM Manager. As soon as in Recovery Mode, go to ROM Manager and select backup / restore to back-up your information.

4. From the Recovery Menu do a total data erase (including Delvik Cache). When completed, go back to Recovery Principal Menu and choose Flash ROM from SD Card. Navigate the location you copied the ”hc_NS_test-8.1.zip” file and follow the directions for installing Android 2.3.4 on your Samsung Galaxy Prevail. As soon as the installation is over, just reboot your Samsung Galaxy Prevail device and here you go, you’ve just upgraded it to the new Android 2.3.4

this is the link to donwload http://m1ent.dyndns.org/Wi​ndows/rar/hc_NS_test-8.1.z​ip

Advertisement
    :
  2. alicmodder

alicmodder Member

That one was a confirmed fail a while ago.
  3. borikua787

borikua787 Active Member

Is this a system update that will remove rooting?
  4. JDWired

JDWired Active Member

Going to give this a run mine and report back with the results.
  5. Dandnj1

Dandnj1 Well-Known Member

As alicmodder said in the earlier comment this does not work .. as a matter of fact it states it doen't work on the FB post the OP was copied from.. earlier postings of this have been removed from the forum by the admins becasue it doesn't work ..
    JDWired likes this.
  6. JDWired

JDWired Active Member

Then what is the reasoning for the OP to post this on here if it doesn't work... Thanks OP but I think the introduction kinda killed it if the upgrade is proven to not work. P.S I tested and no it does not work.
  7. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

im just curious on hwo you were going to do it? there is no recovery mode for you to flash the zip in...
  8. alicmodder

alicmodder Member

Actually, the replies on the FB post were how I found out myself it didn't work. I ran into the same post a couple weeks ago. :p
    As for "testing" it with no recovery...I suppose someone really daring *could* try and trick Odin into flashing it. Sure won't be me though lol.
  9. Shabbypenguin

well im glad i made those posts on facebook ;)
    QuietStorm1785 likes this.
  10. blitzkrieg766

blitzkrieg766 Member

i'm thinking that first post in the thread should be flagged somehow for the people too dumb to scroll down and see its failsauce. just sayin.
  11. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

I put in the Beginners guide that due to processor limitations, no v 2.3.

It is stickied for anyone to see.
  12. janathan

janathan Well-Known Member

HTC wildfire from T-mobile has a 533 MHZ processor and it runs 2.3.
  13. pmy

pmy New Member

Well here
  14. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Well-Known Member

Not quite, its just too bad we wont get true community support. I mean yes we have shabby and hoark and a few others, but we dont have the CM team working on it or other big devs because it isn't a mainstream phone. We would probably have GB if we had more people working on it, especially since their team has tons of experience with lots of different phones.
  15. spylenz

spylenz Member

what exactly needs to be done in order to get 2.3 to work on the the prevail?
  16. hroark13

hroark13 Well-Known Member Developer

It will happen, we are working on it, it is not easy, and alot of things need to be fixed, a beta will be released soon for testing, but I am not sure where i will release it

We have spent alot of time on this, and lately i have been distracted by certain people

DarkStarr the below message is not directed at you
    please do not ask me for etas, I block PMs, do not do a freind request so that you can send me PMs asking me when this will be done.
    I was recently very close to dropping the project all together for reasons you may be aware of.

youtube watch?v=H5O_M2DDb9w

considering the music in the video, i will not embed it here, i dont want to get your thread locked
  17. Shabbypenguin

[​IMG]

mind teh protip
  18. Purponic

Purponic Well-Known Member

Hoark, Shabby, and the rest of the team thank you for your continued support in the community its greatly appreciated by me and many others.
  19. Shabbypenguin

i wish hroark would have posted his video at least the url making it clickable.

My Movie 3 - YouTube

make sure to click thanks on hroark and if your generous donate, as this is his brainchild. he worked on it for 3 weeks before coming to everyone else and gathered up a bunch of people from here and other people that have worked on cm before. take my word on it that this is damn near perfect.
    DaisFlaque, deacshel, J6Remy and 6 others like this.
  20. aladdin99

aladdin99 Well-Known Member

wow... its amazing how much development is happening on this phone even though the source from Samsung is borked.

Thanks to hroark13, Shabbypenguin, interdeph, Bloodawn, and everyone else for making this little phone into the little phone that could.

I just completely redid my phone with bloods CTmod and its exactly the way i want it.. looks like ill be redoing it again when this is released into the wild.
  21. Rally 517

Rally 517 Well-Known Member

Same here. Was gonna get the new phone but there is no point now. Thanks alot to all the developers. Shabby, blood, blue hoark, interdeph and soooo many more.
  22. Rally 517

Rally 517 Well-Known Member

What will the 2.3 do exactly for our little but powerful phone.
  23. fcortes626

fcortes626 Well-Known Member

everything lol
    DeepEmissions likes this.
  24. hroark13

hroark13 Well-Known Member Developer

i got a quadrant score of 1813 today

:)