2.3 on the Droid X by Sept....hahahaha

Last Updated:

1. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Guys I had to post this...
    So I'm in the Staten Island Mall earlier, and I poped into Verizon to see if they had an X demo unit yet. Well when I asked one of the workers he hit me with, come back Thursday! I said yea I know it comes out on the 15th, but do you have an in store demo? Said no, but we do have a dummy unit. So he handed it to me and I must say it feels awesome in the hand. I took my EVO out to compare it size wise, and this kid says, oh is that the Sprint EVO? I said yea, he goes oh I heard that phone sucks. Right there I said, well that's not a cool thing to say, have you ever used it? Ofcourse he said no, and that the Droid x is better, blah blah. Anyway, I said I happen to like the EVO, however I will be picking up the X on Thurs. So he goes, how does Flash lite work on the EVO? I said it was pretty good, and that moto should have put it on the x until Froyo 2.2 comes out. This moron goes on to say, well the x will have full flash and 2.2 by the first week of August! I told him I heard the end of August. He goes no thats for 2.3 Gingerbread....lmao! I told him, your confused pal. And that Gingerbread is 3.0, and that it won't hit until the end of the year. He ofcourse said I'm wrong! Amazing how clueless some people are, anyway keep an eye out for 2.3 Gingerbread this Summer guys, can't wait...lol

Advertisement
  2. masse

masse Well-Known Member

I have the same experience in every verizon store. The people there act like know-it-alls but they know nothing at all. It's really quite frustrating.

Also, I thought the 15th was Wednesday. FUUUUUUUUDDDGEE.

3. tuanster1119

tuanster1119 Well-Known Member

Lol, just think... this guy is probably spewing this crap to uneducated customers. Ugh.

4. Gummibands

Gummibands Well-Known Member

It's Thursday. One day off. lol

5. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

It is bad when customers do this. But when employees do stuff like this it is even worse. I went in playing dumb at my local store and they were telling me about this new phone, Droid X, and it would have a dual core processor. Needless to say I stopped playing dumb real quick and corrected this.

6. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

Ahhhh...the sweet smell of uneducated verizon employees.:)

7. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

When my gf went in to look at phones, I tried to keep quiet because I research the heck out of this type of stuff when I'm interested in it. She gave my gf so much false info, I had to step in and correct a few things...which she was NOT happy about in the least. She looked at me and said, "What phone do YOU have?" I told her the iPhone but am waiting for the Droid X to come out on the 15th. She said "That phone will definitely not be out on the 15th". I should go pay her a visit on Thursday but I doubt she'd remember me. If you don't know, don't act like you do...plain and simple

8. DrJD

DrJD Well-Known Member

I mentioned to one of the guys that I was only slightly hesitant because of the Fascinate coming out, and he looked at me like I was crazy and said, "The what?"

I explained that it was the Galaxy S version announced for Verizon and he said, "Oh, haven't heard of it."

What? haha

9. Gummibands

Gummibands Well-Known Member

Bwhahahahaha....I regularly bust out this forum on the reps phones and go read my friend and gain knowledge. LOL I even (when they mention it has a dual core processor) correct them about the T.I. chips and the Motorola phone coming in Q4 2010 or Q1 2011 that they know nothing about hahahaha...they are astounded.

10. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

smells like noobs to me

11. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

12. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

the thing that I find most odd about them not knowing when the phone comes out is when I went into the store yesterday there was a stack of fliers on the front counter at the door about the x and it clearly said 7/15/10. I guess they were eating donuts with the others.

13. sean76

Lol... I was gonna really go to town on the guy, but after a couple of hours shopping, I was a little worn out. And we all have to sometimes remember that, this is like a Passion to a lot of us, and just a job to most of the reps in these stores. In most cases we know way more info about upcoming, and current devices! But I agree on the line, god only knows how much false info this guy has shot out of his mouth to newbie customers inquiring about the X, Frightening...

14. odiej34

odiej34 Well-Known Member

Beat me to it, heard the same thing here in Tucson.:rolleyes:

15. ricardo001

ricardo001 Active Member

I have the up most respect for those who simply say they don't know instead of BSing their way through answering a question.

16. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

It's a heavy burden to bear that we know more than most CSR's. ;)

17. sean76

That is the power of the Force...
    Better to be a jedi knight , then a clueless storm trooper!

18. mvale085

mvale085 New Member

Lol Im from Staten Island too I hate Verizon store in the mall its always filled with idiots inside and out.

19. rolandct

rolandct Member

Just keep in mind most sales people don't really care about stuff they can't sell yet. That is true of sales people in many fields. Not saying it is good or bad, just saying they rather focus on what's going to put money in their next paycheck. As for the Fascinate, why would you expect them on these types of forums getting the details, just because they sell them doesn't mean they care about them like we do.
    I'm not a Vzw employee, but I can still understand some why they don't know everything about what is coming out. However do I agree, better to say "I don't know" than to make up BS. Thats when you cross the line to stupidity.

20. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

lol the worst i heard was that: " htc only makes phones for sprint" -walmart employee

me and my friend looked at each other and walked away while laughing...neither of us corrected him. He seemed like one of those people that if you correct them, they get defensive and nasty.

21. Roxors

Roxors Well-Known Member

i looked at a phone in walmart once... then i remembered where i was and just ran away. but anyways onto the topic of the post. My wife had gone into a few different stores that that told her flat out they didn't know when they DX was coming and that they didn't have any other information on it (that was about a week and half ago) LMAO AWESOME

22. sean76

One of my friends owns a private VZW store, and I have a couple of people I know that work for at&t. All of them know what's going on in the tec mobile world. My friend that has the.VZW always stays on top of current events, its the difference of gaining or losing a customer. Same with the at&t guys and gals, all of them knew Android was bringing a Galaxy phone to at&t this Summer, as well as all knowing about the Blackberry 9800. IMO, know your business, and the information that goes along with it, otherwise as some stated, keep the BS on ice...

23. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

one verizon manager actually told me that "you blog guys" know more about phones than we do. i respect her :)

24. MaxxVE

MaxxVE Well-Known Member

When Verizon needs to hire new employees they should look here on these forums first. It's pretty sad that most of us are more qualified and genuinely enjoy phones more than most VZW employees.

I think I would actually have fun telling people about phones as a part time job!

25. sean76

Lol...its actually the truth 100%