• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.6.32.15 KiNgxKernel #1 with SVS and HAVS implemented

Okay, this shit is unbelievable. I ran Quadrant with my CPU UNDERCLOCKED. In SetCPU I had it on 998/245, and set to "conservative".

Take a look at this.

DLtSl.png

Upvote 0
998 is not really underclocked. :p And I was able to get 1445 one time (after trying a bunch of times) on stock kernals so it can happen. Also sometimes the test can glitch and not be very accurate, it can also work in your favor.

Ok my 3rd run with Quadrant (first two were in the 1300+) was 1420 at 998, so pretty good.

My Linpack scores all right at 40 (this was overclocked at 1.15)

Don't feel like trying 1.19 as I don't feel like taking my case off and pulling the battery when it doesn't work. ;)

Upvote 0
#2 so far has been the best on battery life and stability... trying the BFS now to see if it makes any improvements... my kingxkernel #2 is my trusty nandroid backup if anything goes wrong...

the BFS is definately faster feeling... I only OC a little(1075) and just hit 1510quad and 36 linpack...
653df464.jpg

now lets see how the battery life is

Upvote 0
998 is not really underclocked. :p And I was able to get 1445 one time (after trying a bunch of times) on stock kernals so it can happen. Also sometimes the test can glitch and not be very accurate, it can also work in your favor.

Ok my 3rd run with Quadrant (first two were in the 1300+) was 1420 at 998, so pretty good.

My Linpack scores all right at 40 (this was overclocked at 1.15)

Don't feel like trying 1.19 as I don't feel like taking my case off and pulling the battery when it doesn't work. ;)

LOL, true, but it IS under 1000, so it's under! :p

And yep, it's always in the 1300-1400 range. This thing's the real deal. Seems ideal for underclocking.

Upvote 0
Anyone doing this? Maybe this is why version 3 has caused more problems for me than version 2. I am confused, thought kernels overwrote themselves???

Im not doing it. :p Or should say didn't do it and don't plan on doing it either. :p

I don't know about a lot of things but I don't think the kernal stores anything in either the cache or davlik cache.

I just asked this question over at XDA so we will see.

Upvote 0
no you need to flash the stock kernel... wiping just clears data and cache... kernel is a system file that needs to be written via a nandroid backup or a zip

someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't cm6 include a kernel? I know when i flash a fresh rom you need to reinstall the kernel I prefer... this just means that if you install this kernel over cm6 it wont work

Reactions: Ptriz21
Upvote 0
This is probably a really dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. How exactly do I download and install one of these kernels? Is it like flashing any of the other stuff, just save to SD, run recovery, install from SD?

I noticed some people saying they could do this right from ROM Manager, but I can't find the kernels in the download section. Do I have to have Premium for access to these? Thanks for any input!

Upvote 0
This is probably a really dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. How exactly do I download and install one of these kernels? Is it like flashing any of the other stuff, just save to SD, run recovery, install from SD?
That's correct.

I noticed some people saying they could do this right from ROM Manager, but I can't find the kernels in the download section. Do I have to have Premium for access to these? Thanks for any input!
I don't use ROM Manager so can't help there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones