• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2 AM Reboot again

A while back I had the update come through for my phone all went fine and has been working fine since, until last week. Phone woke me up at 2 AM to the wonderful droid sound, got up and turned the volume down and let it do it's thing, next morning nothing new and all went fine all day.

Since then this has become almost a nightly occurrence, always at 2 AM, the last night my wife's phone did the same thing, booth phones doing the reboot thing.

Is there any way to correct this as turning the phone off at night isn't an option.

A while back I had the update come through for my phone all went fine and has been working fine since, until last week. Phone woke me up at 2 AM to the wonderful droid sound, got up and turned the volume down and let it do it's thing, next morning nothing new and all went fine all day.

Since then this has become almost a nightly occurrence, always at 2 AM, the last night my wife's phone did the same thing, booth phones doing the reboot thing.

Is there any way to correct this as turning the phone off at night isn't an option.

Its part of the "update" process.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-incredible/569628-system-update.html

Some have said just let it do its thing for a week or more... others have said to leave the SD card out overnight.

Reactions: shortarc
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info

In my about phone it shows Software number 4.08.605.15 710RD.

Is there a more current update? The above update installed about a month and half ago, so thought it was done.

That's the most current software and what started this reboot issue. I don't have any personal experience with the 2am reboot issue other than what has been posted in the forums here. From what I gather, it doesn't appear to happen/effect everyone the same way.

Reactions: shortarc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones