• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 Biggest complaints about this phone

This is where Apple has the advantage in its proprietary software that actually works like its supposed to. What I am finding out about Android is that its like a Windows computer loaded with what seems like wonderful software that sometimes has tons of conflicts with other software or the operating system itself. I am a bit disappointed to find many software conflicts on both the EVO and Incredible and also the not so great build quality of the handsets themselves quality is spotty at best. This is where Apple excels and has great control over manufacturing and of course the software. The price you pay with Apple however is they have everything locked up on that phone tight as a drum.

If you enjoy that much control of your life, then move to Cuba... :eek:

A little but strong of a reaction, I think. Bettermost has a valid point. The greater control exercised by Apple, combined with the much more limited actions the phone allows does make for a smoother, more integrated, and potentially more reliable device. But it does so with a trade-off: less flexibility.

I want the ability to decide how my phone works, and I accept that's going to require some amount of my time, and there's some risk. Just as with a PC. I wouldn't accept a PC that came from Redmond (or Cupertino) locked down with only Microsoft (Apple) software on it, and only Microsoft (Apple) approved software and accessories available for it. Would you?

I won't accept that in my handheld computer, either. If that model works for Bettermost, then fine. But if that's what he, and others with the same mindset, feel comfortable with, then they shouldn't even be looking at an Android phone, because that's not what Android is about.

Windows 7 phone might be more to their liking when it finally arrives.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones