2 Days after rooting, I wake up, and phone is dead and won't boot

Last Updated:

1. CrackaG

CrackaG Member This Topic's Starter

When I plugged it in figuring it was a dead battery, the LED light was blinking RED. It still would not turn on.

I just rooted with unrevoked and installed the IncDoes new sense ROM, everything appeared to be fine last night.

Anyone run into this issue before?

Advertisement
  2. turbozombie

turbozombie Well-Known Member

I would be really surprised if this was a result of you rooting the phone. It sounds more like a hardware issue (and a bad coincidence). Have you done a complete battery pull to let the whole thing sit and drain completely?

3. CrackaG

No but I can try that, for some reason the battery charge light is no longer blinking, it is solid, so I may try turning the phone on in a bit.

If that doesnt work Ill do the battery pull thing

4. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

Mine just did the same thing this morning. Since I only put it on the charger 30 minutes ago and it's at 66%, it wasn't a dead battery.

I don't know why it turned off and did the blinky light thing. Overheating? Too cold when I walked to daylight donuts? lol I don't know. Hadn't checked the phone since going to dinner last night.

5. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

should i get the hell off of that ROM??

i applied it 3 days ago

6. CrackaG

ACtually apparently all it was was a dead battery. I charged it for an hour and it finally booted up, everything appeared to be working fine.

Ever since then its been fine besides the freezing up and force closes. I have since restored my phone and will be using another ROM until this one has all the bugs worked out. I REALLy enjoy the skins and all the new stuff that comes in that ROM though, really awesome.