2 Different IMEIs ??

Last Updated:

1. usmc30273

usmc30273 Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought an Android G1 to unlock to AT&T, and the first unlock code I got from unlocktmobileg1 did not work. I noticed that the IMEI under the battery is completely different than the one when i enter *#06#. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. usmc30273

usmc30273 Member This Topic's Starter

No one?? Do everyone elses imei under the battery match what the phone says when *#06# is entered?

3. robmal

robmal Member

No mine match, you had me thinking for a minute there!

G1 supplied by T-Mobile UK about a year ago...

What was the source of your pnone? I suspect someones been makinga good phone out of several broken ones - chasis with sticker from one and mainboard from another?

Rob

4. riftara

riftara Member

I would also think that is the case, but the IMEI from the *# should be the one that the lock code works for, logically anyway.

Do you know anyone who has a t-mobile acct? They can call T-mobile, explain that they got the phone from (insert way they got phone) and that they want to use when they go overseas next month, T-mobile has to give the code to any current user, but it may take a few phone calls and they may require the phone being put on the persons acct. (it takes about 2 days to get the code, then you can take it off, and they never have to use it, since the phone info is on the sim card) That way you can get the code for the other IMEI too, without having to pay for it