2 different monitors on the EVO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. IsaacRCCL

IsaacRCCL Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just learned there are 2 different monitors on the EVO.. This is kinda important because 1 monitor can not break the 30 fps cap on the phone even if rooted.

The way to tell which monitor you have is to test it with Power Manager widget. On the power manager, change your monitor settings, if it fades from one brightness setting to another, you have the good monitor, if it changes instantly, you have the one that cant break the 30 fps do to hardware limitations.

Interesting.

Advertisement
  2. Roq

Roq Well-Known Member

Seems like this phone should have gone through some more testing and quality assurance.

3. kegacide

kegacide Well-Known Member

so my screen fades, so it can handle over 30fps, but the phone doesn't operate over that anyway right? so does it even matter?

4. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

The only way to actually break the cap is to be running a custom kernel which requires root. You can run Fps2D to check that the cap has been removed once all of this is done. I am averaging 51fps right now.

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

This is OLD news. We have known about this since a week or so after launch. And there is NO solid evidence that one screen type can do more than 30fps. HTC has said even with the custom kernal thats out, it really isnt breaking the 30fps cap. The phone's software says its getting more than 30fps, but the screen itself is still displaying 30fps.

And btw, I wouldn't call it a "monitor". It's a screen.

marctronixx likes this.
  6. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

hello OP. yes this has been discussed in much detail! there are two screens verified thats out in the wild. kindly search for "epson" and/or "nova" (the two screens in question) to find more information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.