• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 droids, 2 problems, same time

My wife and I haven't had any real problems with our droids since we got them at launch. Suddenly yesterday she tells me all of her icons and widgets dissappear from her homepage. I did a 'dummy' check it and sure enough they did, but she didn't update or anything and all programs are still installed, just off the homepage. She's not running any alt home screen or anything like that. Last night she goes to charge her phone and its not accepting that is is plugged in, a few plug/unplugs later it takes it, and suddenly she has all her icons back on her homescreen. Weird, but i guess its ok now.

Same time she tells me yesterday that her homescreens blank, my phone starts randomly restarting. Not a full restart, but it just boots and comes right back where it was. It has only happened while my phone was sitting at the homepage, not in the middle of any app. And it seems to happen when my wifi is turned on. I am running the latest GDE, wavesecure, and timeriffic. None of the other apps I have should have any interferrence with my phone that I can think of. I restarted manually and thought it fixed it, then it did it again a few hours later. Very sporatic and worrying me that my phone is dying. Just thought I'd check if anyone else was having similar problems and if any just started occuring recently. With all the talk of 'updates' and OTA stuff i'm wondering what's going on. I should note we are both on 2.0.1. I did manual and she did OTA update when they came out. Any ideas appreciated.

I also noticed the weather widget on mine was gone from my home screen yesterday morning. I normally check it once I get out of bed. I fished it back out and put it back on my home screen where it normally was. It was odd, but I didn't think much about it.

I later noticed that the Pandora icon was out of it's normal position as well. Wasn't sure if I somehow bumped or moved then or whatever, but I didn't think much about that either, till I read your post.

Now, I'm wondering... checking everything out once more...

These days, you just don't know whether to call a phone technician or an exorcist, huh?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones