2 dumb Droid X questionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. cMags13

cMags13 New Member This Topic's Starter

So I just bought my first Droid phone and have 2 dumb questions. How do I turn the phone off, and is there a way to turn off the screen when the phone is charging. I don't like the light when it's charging while I'm sleeping. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, cMags, and welcome to the world of the X. ;)

I've moved your X question to the support area of that device's forums for you.

3. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

You can turn the phone off completely by holding down the power button on the top of the phone, and selecting "Shutdown" from the resulting menu.

To turn off the screen when it's charging, simply press the power button on the top of the phone once after you plug it in. It will put the screen to sleep.

4. cMags13

cMags13 New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok great that worked. Now I get get it to turn back on. It just has the Motorola symbol on the screen. I tried holding down the power button at the top, and won't turn on.

5. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

If the Motorola symbol is on the screen, it's turned on. Give it time. If it still doesn't come up, pull the battery out, put it back in, and try turning it on again.

6. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Weird. Mine never stays on when charging, whether the phone is on or off, the screen times out and goes black. Maybe there's a setting for this, but I don't remember.