2 Eris, swap roms between them?

Last Updated:

1. bikedogrun

bikedogrun Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So... have 2 rooted Eris'es (Erii? :D ). One is in much better condition & has a 16GB microSD and is thus the "Lead Device".

Have now decided that the rom on the backup Eris (only an 8GB card) is the one I want to use permanently... well as permanent as any rom is for folks like us!

Is it as simple as doing Nandroid backups on each, copy the Nandroid backup to the other phone(s) and then doing a Nandroid restore to the different phone with different SD card???

/BD :cool:

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Yep, you'll just have to rename the /sdcard/nandroid/HTxxxxxxxxxx directory name (its contains the BDS-ccyymmdd-hhmm backup directories) to match that of the new phone.

If you don't know what the HTxxxxxxx (phone/device serial number) is, you can do a "getprop ro.serialno" from the Android Terminal Emulator (free in the Market) or, if you have the Android SDK properly install, "adb shell getprop ro.serialno" from the Windows (DOS) prompt [this information was all courtesy of eu1 ;)].

Cheers!

P.S., my Dad lives just north of you in Hermiston (just west of Pendleton) :) (wonderful state, Oregon)

bikedogrun likes this.
  3. bikedogrun

bikedogrun Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yup... worked perfectly, thanks!

Hello to my fellow Oregonian - your Dad //

/BD :cool:

scary alien likes this.