2 Erises, 2 Droids... gah, opinions?

Last Updated:

1. sixstringedmatt

sixstringedmatt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all!

So I have been through 2 erises and 2 droids (now) it seems and I don't know what to do.

This replacement droid they sent me didn't recognize my spare battery and once I put it in my OLD droid the battery is DOA.

Now, it could be a battery issue, but with the regular battery I have its getting really hot, especially when I casually browse the net. Do you think its a connector issue with the replacement Droid?

I am tired of getting refurbs with issues and was curious what you guys think I should do.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. wly

wly Member

Is your Droid overclocked?

3. sixstringedmatt

Nope, phone's completely stock.

4. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

are both batteries geniune motorola?

5. sixstringedmatt

Yup. Both genuine!

6. sixstringedmatt

They sent out another one, which has a DOA headphone jack... the lady told me to go to the store to deal with this, would you guys suggest that or a supervisor on the phone?

7. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

get a supervisor on the phone, tell them what you have been through with all the different problems with the refurb phones, and demand they send you a different model of phone. they may just offer you a D2 or INCREDIBLE...you never know.

8. sixstringedmatt

Spoke to another rep on the phone, who WOULD NOT escalate it to a supervisor, and kept stressing they already did me a favor by giving me a Droid coming from an Eris.

I was tired of arguing so another refurb is coming my way. If it is good, then great, if not, then I will really push. I am not looking for a new phone per se, but I keep getting everyone's crap Droids lol.

9. chiefvelo

chiefvelo Well-Known Member

I suggest just keep working with the tech support side. work with them and ask them to try everything to fix the one you have and just talk about how many you have had replaced. I suggest also going to the store sometimes and have them verify the issue and that there is no damage caused by the user. Add that and Tech has always gone out of the way to find a solution.
    The Moto Referbs I have always found to be inconsistent. The will generally have you move into a new phone after a certain amount of replacements if needed. You may be able to just move into a new phone under contract and pick one that is 'free'.
    I always suggest the TEC warranty and insurance.
    Good luck